1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Few pics of old iron

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Here are a couple pics of my older trucks, I wish I still had them. The 2nd truck, light blue, is my 84 K20. I bought this before I could drive, lol. Did a ton of work to it. New fenders, floor pans, rockers, cab corners, wheel openings on bed, etc. Spent about 8 months total doing this. Mind you I was 15 at the time and had no help from anyone. This was my first try at redoing a truck.

The 1st truck is my 82 K20. I put 6" skyjacker suspension lift, new exhaust (flowmaster) headers, cam, carburetor, and other goodies. I did this right and it was all spring lift, no blocks at all. It was stick shift, TM265 trans and NP205 tcase. Had the granny low in it and holy shyt alot of torque. I miss pissing off the neighborhood at 6:30 am with it going to work, lol. Was louder than crap and had a very nice, lopey idle to it.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Sydenstricker didnt you have K20 plow truck that was lifted, I thought I saw one you had posted at one time with a 4" lift & western plow on it or am I thinking of a different truck?

Those old SFA Chevy's were the last of the real trucks GM had built, someone should have told them that "if aint broke dont fix it".
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The 82 is the one you are thinking of. It had a Western on it, but no lift at the time. I sold the plow and put the 6" lift on it

Yeah GM definitely screwed the pooch when 1988 came about and tossed the SFA for the IFS.