1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

few pics of my tow/ plow rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by payton, Nov 16, 2005.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Nice truck... looks like the passengerside wing is bent...but I am sure it will work well for you...payup

3. payton

payton Senior Member

i do belive the pass side id bent a lil bit. but not as bad as the pics lead you to belive.

for one the pass side cuttin edge is almost gone causing it to sit a lil lopsided.
    to angle of me and my pic taking abilities..

but for 10 grand total i think i got a pretty good deal

4. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

For 10K you got a great deal. Have fun. the wing could be the reason the cutting edge is worn on that side more. a new wing is only like 500.00 but you should be proud of the deal you got !

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Why the heck are you parked up on the sidewalk like that. :dizzy:

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Your a-frame must be completely out of level for the edge to wear like that.

Park on level ground and see how out of level it is. If you can adjust it to be level, you'll get much better scraping and longer life from that edge....

7. payton

payton Senior Member

i live in an apartment complex at this current time.(looking for house please let me find one soon) and there are tons of rice racers here that fly thru. and i know with the plow sticking another 5 feet out some one is gonna smack it then say its my fault..

8. Scott R

Scott R Member

I can't imagine living in a place that crowded, got to be able to shoot my rifle out the back door if needed :D

Your a stronger man than I am:salute:

9. payton

payton Senior Member

i grew up in a small rual(sp) living on 100+ acres but have workedin indy since i was 18, so when i met my wife shes from indy. it just seemed natural to live here in indy. and since she was just graduating from college she didnt havea job lined up so we agreed to rent an apartment for a year. so we could find out where she would be working and find something close to her. since i a operator i travel with my job. so one of us should be close to work.

but let me repeat i hate this place i hate having neighbors. i hate the fact that i cant walk out side take a piss at 4 am in the morring with out getting the cops called. i hate the fact that i cant leave a damn thing in my truck with out fear of some one stealing it.

payton

10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Payton, was that you that IMed me earlier? I was away from my desk, I should be around this evening, you can leave me a message if I've got an away message up

:cool:

11. tim975

tim975 Senior Member

Hey man, nice rig! :drinkup: I have the same truck in gray. Don't see too many 2500LD extended cab's, at least not many around here. Is that plow an 8'2" or 9'2"?

12. payton

payton Senior Member

8'2"

yeah it runs pretty good.
    i put a kn on it today. tomorrow im getting it tuned up in warsaw. yeah its a drive but im getting it done pretty cheap. so for under 350 total im gonna be adding 50-60 hp total tomorrow.

payton

13. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

50-60 hp? From what. K&N is MAYBE 10, tune up making 50 horsepower? I highly doubht it.

14. payton

payton Senior Member

going by the numbers they claim 15.xx from kn. typicla gains on tuning is 30-40 hp so i may have mis spooke any where from 45-55 hp total.. my bad..

i doubt i get that much but hey its all good. maybe next ill grab a set of underdrive pulleys or possibly a nice set of roller rockers.. those are good hp adders

15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Better get a new cutting edge...

16. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Sounds like a nice truck but I can't view the pics

17. payton

payton Senior Member

hmm dont know why image shack is a free hosting site.. maybe work puter and there blocked?

18. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Not a work computer I am at my house

19. payton

payton Senior Member

i have no clue then. :stumped:

20. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I can't view them either! :confused: