1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ferris cab

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mysteryman, Nov 7, 2014.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

I am looking for a photo of a winter cab for a Ferris Pro Cut S machine, anybody have one to post? Thank you.

2. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

you run the blower setup on one of those? i doubt you'll find a cab…you'll have to come up with something custom.

3. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

A 50", it is pretty slick. Has electric chute rotation, I am adding an actuator for raise-lower. This is from the Ferris site, an attachment under Three Wheel Pro Cut, but it illustrates the cab on a Z: PROCUT™ S
    Attachments
    SNOW BLOWER
    Two-stage 50” snow blower with electric chute rotation available.
    I cannot get the photo to paste, but you can see it on the Ferris site.

4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

here is one

Snowblower%20cab%20snow.jpg

5. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

Thanks, Antlerart06, but that is the F800X. The Ferris attachment chart lists the 60" snowblower/cab as optional for the F800X and the 50" snowblower/cab as optional on the Pro Cut S. That is it, the only two snowblower offerings. I always run across the F800X illustration with the cab, never the Pro Cut S version. Maybe the chart is sloppy and there is only a snowblower option for the Pro Cut S, maybe the cab is offered only for the F800X.

6. Antlerart06

If your good with you hands you could make the one work on your mower

7. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

That is probably what I will do. My one concern is heating the cab to prevent fogging. Or using a semi-porous material, any suggestions out there?

8. Antlerart06

In my 05 Polaris Ranger I had a 12v heater and it kept the windows from fogging up to a point

I know one guy had a cab on a front deck mower He used a propane heater

You could put a heat houser over the motor So heat from motor will keep the cab warm

9. mysteryman

mysteryman Junior Member

Thanks, Antlerart06, I will do a little research on these heating options.