1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ferrendino and son just put a cap on Walgreens accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BRL1, Sep 29, 2014.

1. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Hey guys so I just received a email saying that Ferrendino has had to put a cap on the total amount of services we can do for the snow season.
    We are also supposed to keep track of service prices and do not exceed the cap. I have 2 Walgreens stores in my town and I know that last season the total for both was way over the cap set by Walgreens. The real kicker is that if we reach the cap we ARE SUPPOSED TO KEEP SERVICING THE STORES!!!!
    This makes me pretty uneasy especially sense I have contracts with them that will take most of my time.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

So what's your plan? Continue on like always or walk away?

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I am not sure yet.. not going to make a rash decision ill probably do the math and see how many services I can bill and then see how many snow events it will cover. The rest would be on me

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why do guys want to work to lose money? Just write a check to me and sit home.

5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Are they talking about dollar amount not to exceed for this plowing season

6. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

I know right? This is the problem... these guys can d**k everyone around... maybe if all the subs walked away they would get a clue... but no... some sucker will always do it...

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Screw you, I'm closer.

Send it to me.

8. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

in the olden days ,
    it be time for a boycott, but they got the market cornered.
    run forrest , run

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    IDOCTORTREES likes this.
  9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Screw both of you, I'm closer

Send it to me.

10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Well if you want to mail me a check I'll also throw in a free kick where the sun don't shine.

If the cap is set where usm has the seasonal prices set here you would be better off walking away. I've always said there are nationals that are fine to work with that will pay a decent rate but some of this is laughable. Gotta know when to walk away. 3k to plow salt and do the walks for the season for walgreens? SIGN ME UP!

11. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

First of all this was just some how Added to my contract. I will not work to lose money either. That's just idiotic I can't see the sub contractors actually going for this. What if we get a hell of a winter and you can't bill them for your service?! Screw that. I just don't know If it is a gamble we should take or not.
    And yes it's a cap on the total amount you can bill them for services.

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Walk away.................and send me the check.

13. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I don't understand where you guys are getting this check thing. I'm not getting paid if I walk away.

IDOCTORTREES likes this.
  14. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

If they don't want to exceed a certain amount, what are their expectations for the lot when that amount has been reached?
    They have to understand material and fuel aren't cheap. I hope they don't expect someone to do it for free after that amount has been reached

15. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Keep lining the pockets of Nationals. Lmao

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. They're saying you are going to lose money. Instead of working and losing money just send them the money you are going to lose and stay home. At least this way you just lost the money and didn't have to work to lose it.

17. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

They are expecting you to do it for free.

18. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Sounds like this term"cap" is just another term for a low ball seasonal! And if it snows very little you're also screwed! Who thinks up these schemes? Are there really people who give these contracts a second look? This is pure madness!:dizzy:

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm guessing you are billing on a per plow, per salt basis. They have set a maximum amount they want to spend in the winter. If you reach the max you don't get anymore and if you don't reach it you get paid for only what you've done. If that max amount is equal to or higher then you seasonal averages you should be ok. Basically that is how we work here but we get that amount even when it isn't reach. So on a light winter we do well.

20. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You say your from Wyoming,but I think your in Missouri:laughing:payup