1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ferrandino and Sons

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by diggerman, Mar 23, 2010.

1. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I've worked for a lot of maintenance companies, Dentco,U.S. Maintenance and several more local companies. These companies have always had their quirks that take some time to get used to but in the end I always felt I made out ok. That was until I started working with Ferandino and Sons, and a lot of it is my fault for even taking the contract to begin with. They contacted me so late in the season the contract was barely signed before the first big snow, they had little or no knowlage of the loction the were asking me to quote. Now I am finding they were expecting me to take care of any drifting no matter the amount based on the price payed for the previous snow. For example if there is a 2" snow and it ends then the lot blows in with 12" of snow you are required to clean the lot again as "cleanup from the two inch event"!! How crazy is that, now yes I should have called them the 100th time to get this straightened out but I was worn down from the other 99 phone calls. Trying to help them get them to understand the nuances of this location straighted out. I would not recomend anyone taking a contract form Ferandino and sons and if you do watch your pocket book and if you have a contract with them gooood luck getting paid what you should.
  2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for your insight, sorry to hear about your problems.
  3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I have never heard of this company before...
  4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting :confused:

Don't doubt they know the industry. In our area the accounts I am aware of they are very tied in with the property owners. They call them several times during a storm, make sure they are getting service, talk bad about the snow plow company or another company, etc, etc.

We took a pass on a few of their contracts because this is what we found out when interviewing the property owners for what their expectations were. Then we compared their contracts and realized the combination left the door open for them to find any way possible to fine the contractor and then keep the additional money for themselves.

No thanks and your right they wanted a warranty against new snow fall or drifting ... Do we look like endless insurance policies :mad:
  5. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

We did work for them this year. No real issues. I did my research though prior to working with them. They ahve been in business almst 20 years and work for reputable companies. Outside of the usual suspects (USM), all in all it worked for us.