1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ferrandino and son

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Ran into a buddy at the Home and Garden show..

Said Ferrandino owes 50k from 2 seasons ago.. Been battling them ever since..

Thought i would share the info for you new guys all excited to take on there B.S
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Unfortunately there will always be a fresh crop of clowns willing to take the job.
    FredG likes this.
  3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing new there, search threads on this site. They owe us a ton from this past season too.. not that much though.

Worst part is they pay not only slow, but literally months after their first payment is due, then they start jerking around with every known reason not to pay most of invoices. So when your expecting $20k checks, and they owe $80k already, and you get a check for $256 one week, next week is $3,000 and then another $500.... i mean just punch me in the face, its less of a slap in the face then how they handle their finances.

They also then just dispute everything months after the season is over, because they're 6 mo past due, then say you didnt' comply, but now the season is over and all services done already.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've been using Twitter to send them links to stories like this and they finally blocked me the other week.

The power of social media is incredible. I'd suggest that anyone who's owed money by these companies to use Facebook and Twitter to get the attention of the businesses you're working for. Post a story right onto their wall or send them a tweet. It'll be read by someone I guarantee it.
    FredG likes this.
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Good thinking Camden!
  6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing: Thats the best idea I have heard in sometime.
  7. Mega cab

Mega cab Member

I also know people who are owed money from plowing Banks for them from two winters ago!
  8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

9. SnoDaddy

SnoDaddy Senior Member
    from ohio

They handled the Walgreens in our area last year. Some clowns got it and thought they were big time. Must have got paid because the clown has all new stuff.
  10. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

im willing to wager there are two sides to every story . some of these cases could be stuck in litigation over any reason . im not taking sides here . but if your willing to provide/invest thousands of dollars on a contract before seeing a dime , you've found your fool .

we were called several times last year by prominent snow brokers to bid on properties mid way through the season . there are a few ways to see what their intentions are and business practices, one , by asking for a retainer bond up front before agreeing , signing ,placing any equipment or materials on site .

if the answer is no , we turn away from them and they'll procede down the line to the next "bigtime" contractor willing to take a chance on getting paid on time or even at all. I don't doubt that a high percentage is corporate sleeze, taking advantage of the working class .

they figure it would take the same amount of funds they owe you , that it would cost you in litigatation before getting a return , if any .

we stipulate mandatory payment by day 30 at midnight after last day of service , or the contract is null and void . as a lot of we know here , its a cut throat business , as any are these days. just another case of the sharks eating the guppies. jmo
  11. wbailey244

wbailey244 Junior Member

they owe every one

they still owe us 20 grand for borders books in ma they sais they never got paid from 3 yrs ago
  12. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Borders is out of business.... That sucks
  13. straightlinelan

straightlinelan Member

Stuck me for $3500 from the 2013/14 Season for a Party City. Glad I turned down the 2 targets they offered me last season. We should rally as an industry and boycott subbing for these National Service providers. I would love to see what happens and maybe the National Companies would then hire locally.
  14. john r

john r Senior Member
    from NJ

Why plow on their terms? Let them know your terms. The 30 day no pay walk away sounds like a good start.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  15. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

Originally Posted by derekslawncare View Post
    This REALLY shouldn't have to be a dream. I know some on here say it will never happen, but it REALLY shouldn't be that difficult. If NO REAL CONTRACTORS will take their accounts, that only leaves the "fly by nights". When they fail miserably and fall on their face mid season like we all know they will, the nationals will have to fire them and get another. Again, no REAL CONTRACTORS take the bait, they get another who can't handle it. A few times in court for slip and falls and a few stores who can't open because their lots are buried and the Targets, Walmart's and everyone who use the NSP's will fire them and go back to hiring on their own. It may take 2-3 seasons, but it WILL HAPPEN as long as we ALL STICK TOGETHER. I mean, what do we have to lose? It looks like most of you are starting to turn down the contracts because they aren't paying enough anyways, so you already aren't servicing the accounts. So why not do it industry wide anyways. IT HAS TO WORK.
    I agree ! we need to expose the run around we all get as well,, we should be posting all the correspondence online ,, and showing a track rec ,,,, as I said before if we all do this and stick together ,, the CEO's will not want to be embarrassed about how the sub's who are providing customer safety are being treated ,, they will have no choice but to side with the contractor ,, not the middle man ,, I really be leave if we all do this the tide will turn in are favor ,, service will be better one on one with store mgr
  16. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

we have made it are rule if any national provider calls and needs service ,, wel will not do it! with out a C Card , up front and we run it before we go do the work ! we bid very high for being the "go to guy" they cry about it but always call back ,,,, you all should do the same never ever take the work "check is in the mail" we treat em all as if they have bed credit ,,,,,,
  17. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Some of y'all are dumber than Ferrendino's because you continue to work for them.
  18. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing:.................There is Always a new crop of idiots to work for them.....Everybody sees stars in their eyes because they can plow a Target or Walmart until Ferrit-Dino puts it in there rear......:laughing::laughing:
  19. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

sucks to be your buddy . Fman been in the business of boning contractors for a long long time . seems like he'll never run out of them too. LOL
  20. RS69

RS69 Junior Member

I can't believe no one has sued them for their bad business practices.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014