1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ferandino and sons contacted me about Shopko

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jimpohl1979, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jimpohl1979

jimpohl1979 Junior Member

Ferrandino and Sons contacted me about snow plowing the local shopko and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them in the past. Any info would be great.
  2. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

i got the same phone call yesterday. didn't take down name/number...another thread.
  3. dads2356

dads2356 Junior Member

Ferandino & Son

We did almost $5,000.00 of work for these people in July 2010, it is now 10-27-10 and we are still waiting to be paid.....
  4. as81808

as81808 Junior Member
    from NJ

we worked for them last year sent all paper work rite in and they were never late on a payment imo great company to work for we are already signed with them for this season.
  5. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

did some mowing work for them in the spring.... still waiting for payment.

TAC SERVICES Junior Member
    from SD

have sweeping with them.

do not do the snow for them not enogh pay and u assume all liability for three years on shopko.

TAC SERVICES Junior Member
    from SD

everything has changed with them

they have what u call a ivr system now. u have too call in every time u start and stop. and it doesn't matter if u are there once or 10 times in a 24hr time frame.
  8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty much all companies have IVR now
  9. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Only did two sites but got paid. No problems.
  10. AJ Watson

AJ Watson Member

Worked for them. Didn't get paid. Waiting almost 9 months
  11. danknight163

danknight163 Member

Ferandino and son is being sued by over 40 snow plow company's for none payment dont work for them you will get fuked by them soon or later
  12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

well they werent being sued in 2010 so i say they go for it
  13. rjets00

rjets00 Member

They will never pay you. I learned my lesson the hard way.
  14. chiaone

chiaone Junior Member

Plowed for them last winter. They still owe me money, and it was a seasonal contract. Claim they are in litigation with client
  15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting, make that 41, because we filed ours two months ago in federal court against them. They owe us almost $50,000 from 2013-2014... were past due 90+ days by May 2014 for a lot of stuff/most services, they paid a bunch of them, but by Aug 2014, they started emailing us "rejection" letters stating that for the invoice # ... dated such and such date, that they are not paying $620 worth of the $1200 invoice.

And then 6 more emails the next day, we are not paying $1165 of invoice so and so etc.

They claimed "we deiced more than 2x in a 24hr period" on PER PUSH accounts!

We never billed more than 2x deice services for their sites, but they then claimed that we billed 7 for one site in 24hrs, come to find out, they tried saying we billed a push AND a deice, which was required by their contract, plow and salt every 2", we didn't even do every 2", usually more like every 3-4" overnight , a pre salt and post storm salt and one the next AM if temps were low enough...

Oddly enough, they paid 40% of similar sites which had plenty over 2x deice apps per 24hr period, it was more like they randomly went through and denied payment at will to shave off enough of the bill 7months after it was due and we were threatening legal action.
  16. Ramairfreak98ss

Of course they do, part of your signed contract with them was that they DONT have to pay you until after they're paid for the work or if they don't get paid, don't have to pay you and you can't collect from them. sucks.
  17. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

For the life of me, I can not understand why ANYONE would consider them for work when you read actual accounts where they never pay and even tell you this in writing. How are you supposed to know that they received payment from the company they are getting paid by? You don't know so why even put yourself in that situation? I've gotten a dozen calls from them. I play them out just to waste their time.
  18. Ramairfreak98ss

Yep, i was there too, even when they still owe us a ton of $$$, they call us a few times each year about sites they need someone immediately for, and then want us to do the work and they'll authorize it over the phone based off a contract from a few years ago? GFYS is the only thing you really want to tell them.
  19. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

their new account payable system is printing the checks as we type
  20. Ramairfreak98ss

Here is how they won't pay you...

Compensation: As soon as your work is completed, you must submit all Work Order(s) signed by our
    customer’s representatives, along with an invoice reconciling the activity for each customer. We will
    issue your payment 30 days after the date that we receive and process your invoice. Processing of
    invoices typically takes 10- 14 days. Payment will be issued to you provided we have received your
    invoice within 30 days from the last day of the month that you provided the Services and we have
    received all required paperwork hereunder. Depending on the project, a signed and notarized lien
    release may be required for execution by you and submitted to us in advance of processing your
    payment. Invoices submitted after 30 days shall be deemed stale and subject to payment only at
    Ferrandino’s discretion. We are not obligated to pay you until we receive payment from our customer.
    You assume the risk of non- payment by our customer for any reason including, without limitation, our
    customer’s bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, financial distress, nonperformance, dissatisfaction
    with services, or any other reason in or out of our control. You also hereby waive your right to
    commence an action for payment against a Ferrandino customer or file any encumbrances upon the
    property. In the event a customer shall file Bankruptcy and recover from Ferrandino any sums paid as a
    preference, you agree to reimburse and indemnify Ferrandino for such sums on demand.