1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fenner-Stone Pump?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wesley's Lawn, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Hey guys do any of you know where i can find parts diagrams for there pumps i need to look at one to see if im missing a part on the inside, long storie. Thanks
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I have a fenner set up for my Fisher. I converted over from belt drive to the Fenner pump thinking it would be faster and it is just the same as a belt set up. I even adjusted it and still slow. I got mine on ebay and it was a poor transaction to say the least. The instructions were photo copied a million times and the fitting sizes were wrong. It said 9/16 SAE and actually they are 1/4NPT. The seller knew this and never told me. It also fried the wire harness and came damaged. I would not recommend Fenner pumps to anybody.
    ps what do you need to know. I have the instruction sheet. Maybe I can help even though it is wrong.
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

did you buy one from Buckies Packs? Mike (SGF) has 3 and he loves them. I plan on getting one for the new truck
  4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Big Nate,
    I do not want to name names here. When I got it the float solenoid was broken. A new one was sent. Hooked it all up and the wire harness smoked when I went "down". Mind you the wire harness already was attached to the switches so I know it was not me. I then had to build a makeshift harness while I waited for a new one. So that was strike two. I think the GPM's on these pumps is what causes the plow to move slow not the pressure. I have a 4000psi gauge and will be checking the pressure on the unit soon and will report my findings. There is an adjustable port to adjust the pressure and I have found no change after adjusting it. I have a large cable running directly to the batt. and have a 130 amp alternator as well.
  5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

I Know Hiniker uses these pumps on thier plows. Boss might also.

Mine did come with the copy diagrams, but they were all hooked up and I used the same hoses from the cable opp plows to the pump. Had to buy lift cyclinders, but they are much faster than the pumps that were on the trucks.

I was able to find a good diagram online before I even bought the pump.

I think you just got a lemon.