1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fenner Hydraulic Pump wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nascar24, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I need help again! lol

I'm building a 4-way plow for a Friends Suzuki Side Kick. We purchased a 6' ATV plow blade , fabricated a lift frame and push plates. We also purchased a brand new Fenner hydraulic Pump off e-bay, it came with a control and wiring diagram , but I can't seem to get it to work according to the diagram.

Fenner Fluid Power pump model # 1787*AC, with a Heavy Duty DC-80 rocker switch snow plow controller.

There are seven wires from the controller:
    1) orange 12V from keyed power source
    2) black, Ground
    3) Red, right angle solenoid
    4) grey , down release valve
    5) green, left angle solenoid
    6) Brown, Starter solenoid
    7) Blue , Starter solenoid ( same terminal as brown wire #6)

The plow will lift , angle right and drop properly, but it wont angle left, it clicks the angle solenoid valve but won't engage the starter solenoid, if I put a jumper across to the starter solenoid from the angle solenoid it will power up the pump and angle left, it also lifts the lift cylinder.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Anyone got a wiring diagram?

How about any contact info for fenner Rockford, Illinois?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I dont have a diagram for the fenner pump unit's (I used to have one somewhere but I cant find it) but I'll bet these guy's can help you out:http://www.stonehydraulics.com/AboutUsIndex.html Yep,their in Rockford IL. Fenner goes by the name "Stone SPX" now.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  3. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

sounds like you may have a defective selenoid coil, try swapping the left and right coils and see if the problem changes sides. Good luck, Roy
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Thanks guy's for the info and suggestions!

if anyone else has any suggestions they're more than welcome!

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It sounds like a jumper wire at the switch has come off or a bad switch.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nascar, did you get ahold of SPX?
  7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

All Set!

It was suggested that a jumper circuit was probably the culprit, it was! I found a loose solder joint on the jumper circuit, so I re soldered it and it works as a charm.

B&B I did not contact SPX, but I do have a web address, so If I need to contact them in the future I'll know where to go.

Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions!

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you got it working! wesport