1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fenix appolo 2x interior light bar flash back?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BRL1, Feb 6, 2016.

1. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Just wondering if anyone has these and if there is any flash back from the lights inside the truck when plowing.

2. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

The Apollo 2x is a dash light and the flash shield sits flush to the windshield, therefore there is no flashback produced.

3. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Is there a gasket that sits between the shield and the window ?

4. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

There is not a gasket, but the way the housing is designed it leaves a very small gap, approximately 1/4".

5. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Ok thank you for the info. I will try to find a video or something of ft in use inside the vehicle so I know what to expect.

6. Take some weather stripping that will slip on the edge it works great

7. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Planning on going to Napa and putting some on from there.

8. NorEasterMA

NorEasterMA Junior Member

I'm curious as to how the weatherstripping ended up working out for you, if you've done it yet. I ended up building a custom set of flashback shields out of black Kydex that fit EXACTLY snug up to my windshield. I run them on my Strobes N More D12 dual colors and I have absolutely Zero flashback. The weatherstripping is an idea I never thought of, though...

9. plow4u

plow4u PlowSite.com Veteran

video

I would also be interested in seeing a video of the interior bar from inside and outside.