1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feniex cannons

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by XyellowX, Oct 2, 2014.

1. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

I'm planning on installing the cannons and can't decide on color or location. Will be used for plowing in winter and landscaping in summer. Planned on reverse for rear, but where in front? Should I get solid amber or split white amber? Any help would be great.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

As a rule of thumb, color of lens, color of led.

3. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

All the lenses are clear. It's an 05 silverado. Didn't know if the white will be over powering in the snow. Never plowed with any lights except my hazards on.

4. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Check this out, if ordered with STT (stop, tail, turn) the Cannon can actually replace your turn signal bulb, with the functions of it and warning lights. You can get all amber for fronts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYLgqjdn5AQ

5. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I have the amber/white in my clear reverse light And under a clear lens up front on the corners. It looks nice and is super bright day and night. These lights are high output so I think you can't really go wrong with whatever you choose. I think the Amber white split makes for a pretty sweet light

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say clear and in the 05 Silverado put them in the blinker lights, not headlight.

7. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

The Feniex Cannons are very bright, and I personally like adding a little white into the mix. I think white grabs a lot of attention, and when paired with amber, makes a great warning combination.

As someone else mentioned, you could replace your reverse lights, and wire in the Cannons to function not only as warning lights, but also as your reverse lights. The newest Cannons have 3-modes, so you could set it up as follows:
    Mode 1: Reverse Light (steady white)
    Mode 2: Warning Flash (amber/clear flashing)
    Mode 3: Warning Flash (amber only flashing)

This would give you the best of both worlds, being able to flash amber/white when you want, or switching to flashing amber only if you think the white is too much. The Cannon has 12 LEDs, and even when flashing 6 of them at a time, it's still one of the brightest hide aways on the market.

For the front of the truck, you could replace the DRL location with another amber or amber/clear Cannon. This will be blocked by the plow, but will end up being a great location for the summers when you are landscaping. You'll want a high-mounted rooftop light when plowing anyways.

For more Feniex Cannon information/specs, feel free to visit our site:
    http://advancedwarninglights.com/feniex-cannon.html

If you decide the Cannons are the way to go, contact me and I'll give you some unbeatable pricing. We have the Cannons in stock and ready to ship in all colors!

8. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

So do I still mount the strobe the same way if I do it the way tom says I could do it with 3 modes or does it replace the existing bulb socket?

9. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

It's up to you; you have the ability to mount it like a traditional strobe, or you can replace the factory bulb. We often replace the factory reverse bulb when there's little room in the housing, or the customer prefers the output of the Cannon over the stock bulb.

10. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I am one of those customers who prefer the output over the factory bulb. Also with a pattern switch in the cab I have the ability to set all 4 lights to white steady burn and the lights provide an awesome floodlight type lighting that is great when I'm wandering around in the woods at night.

11. XyellowX

XyellowX Junior Member

How do you mount them in the stock location? Is there enough room for the screws? How do you protect oem plug from the elements?

12. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

You would have to drill a 1 inch hole where the stock bulb fastens and secure the Cannon into that location. Put some silicone around the Cannon to ensure that no moisture will get into the housing, and wire the Cannon into the factory harness.

If you don't feel comfortable with modifying the OEM harness, I would recommend going to an install shop and asking them to do it for you

13. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

I bought some Feniex cannons on your site, but the coupon code 'PLOWSITE' doesn't work. Just an FYI.

14. Tom@AWL

Tom@AWL Inactive

Thank you for your order! I shipped it out this morning for you, you should receive tracking information by email.

I will look into the PlowSite coupon code on our site. In the meantime I have refunded your shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: PLOWSITE coupon code is good to go. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  15. pohouse

pohouse Senior Member

Thanks Tom for the quick resolution and response. I look forward to receiving the Cannons.