1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fence post, meet truck...truck, meet fence post

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Bad Luck, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Why it's good to not changed stations via steering wheel buttons, while drinking water and plowing at the same time...I suck, so pissed...

Plow Install 077.jpg

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

another shot.....^&#%%$!%@$#!@%$#@ :angry:

Plow Install 082.jpg

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Talk about a bad day.

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Damn. That sucks Bad Luck. I hope for the sake of your truck that fence post got RIPPED out of the ground, KICKED around, and STOMPED on a few times, then THROWN out into the ditch somewhere. :realmad: (just be careful not to hit it with your snowmobile now...) :)

Buck

5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Just think it could have been worse than that.

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe your screen name has something to do with it. :nod: Both seem to be minor. You could have done worse.

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

any pictures of the fence post?

8. Derrick in NJ

Derrick in NJ Member

That sucks! I can't tell you how many times I have come close to doing the same thing. :dizzy:

9. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

LOL. I am sure he cant post pictures of the fence post without permission of the owner. :)

Kevin

10. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I'll get a pic of the fence post.....it's about 8 ft high, and about 4in in diameter....

...this is the same account that I baja'd over the other car in reverse....I have to get a scanned image of this place to show you guys....I have one somewhere from an arial view...it is hands down the worst place to plow. Cars everywhere, 50% of it is gravel, theres a HUGE pot hole smack dead in the middle, everything must be dragged away and pushed into the street....hopefully I'll have the pic scanned soon..

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I have a lot just like that. Except there is a great big burned-out boat hulk and an abandoned forklift there as well. And barrels of oil and mountains of tires.... and about three-dozen randomly-placed, constantly-changing cars, some are customers, some are tenants, and MOST are absolute scrap. A lot of times the tow-truck drivers bring stuff and are so disgusted they just drop the car in the middle of the driveway.

The landlady has been telling them for years to clean up but they refuse. Now she is getting threat-letters from the insurance company to clean up or else... :rolleyes:

It amazes me that I haven't smoked anything (important) there yet. I whacked some crap hanging out the side of a dumpster once (that hasn't been emptied in over three years :eek: ).

The other night I checked on that lot after a small snowstorm (not enough to plow) and when I got there I saw that someone else had done it! :nono: I also saw that they had torn up grass, and even better, smoked the back end of a real nice 5.0 Mustang that was parked forsale up on the corner!!!

Being 10pm, I had to wait until the following morning to call the landlady. She didn't know anything about the other plow, other then that one of the tenants has a plowtruck and has been trying to get my contract for years (she keeps telling them 'no'). I told her about the car and grass and that I was concerned about getting blamed for it. She laughed and told me that she hadn't heard anything about that either, and if she did she would pass that info along. She also told me that she had told him to get that car out of there a month ago, so she didn't even feel sorry for him.

I hate lots like that... but the landlady is very good to work for, pays immediately, doesn't complain, etc. so I keep doing it...

12. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I feel ya man...this lot has tires, oil drums, air compressors, I was back dragging away from the bay door and what did I fing under 6 inches of snow? two extension cords to plug the trucks in and an air hose.....I can tell you next year I will not be plowing this turd hole :nod:

13. btrussell

btrussell Member

Looks like the side of my truck after i hit our fence post when coming home one evening. thats what i get for going fast when I'm tired and i wasnt plowing or anything, just driving. Also my bumper is bent as well. Backed into a big pine tree going less than 5mph on a beach. oh well sh*t happens
    Brian

14. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Assuming that the lines are paint rubs (hard to telll from your picture) and not through to the primer coat, you should be able to buff out most of it.

As for your bumper, either learn to love it as a reminder of miscues, or replace with an after-market model. To save weight and the ire from the environmental crowd who don't like trucks, all the stock bumpers are made as though they were aluminum foil.

15. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Last year I found in the snow covered driveway(and plowed accidentally into a scrap car) a wheel and tire assembly and a bumper... they got rammed underneath a junker that I was piling in front of. I felt bad for about three seconds (since it broke the front spoiler)... but then remembered that it wasn't my fault they left junk laying in the driveway.

No one ever called, so I guess it wasn't a problem!! :D