1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feeler thread......8611 Full size plow(s)

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by got-h2o, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

We picked up 3 of these with an almost guaranteed sale on 2 of them, but they were supposed to be LP's and they are NOT. By the time my driver drove 4 hours with the cash to get them I just had him grab them anyway. Nevertheless, they are all 2006 models. All are crappily painted red. 2 were supposed to work and one is missing the power unit. A couple are missing edges, but can be combined to make 2 good sets with one missing wing edge total. One "good" one has a wing bolted together and missing the hoses for that side. I have yet to test them or go through them but assume that 2 good plows can be made from 3, with plenty of spare parts, or get a power unit for the 3rd with a few more parts needed.

So OK. Let me know if you are interested and in what. I'd like to keep one. I have no problem buying new edges for my own, and misc stuff, so I can provide one functioning plow easily leaving one good one for me to tinker with and a parts plow.

I can also sell 1 good one with the parts plow, or all 3 as they sit. I can fix 2 and sell 2 good ones ready to go. Up to you and what you'd like to do. Pricing will obviously depend on what you want to do.

I will start with roughly $3k each for them fixed and functioning for each of the 2 good ones depending what we do with edges and if there's anything majorly wrong (I plan to test them this week). As is, make an offer on one or all. Plow sides only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

The one without a power unit, what kind of shape is that in?

Is the valve body there, just no power unit?

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Its actually one of the nicest. And no, its actually missing everything. I consider the power unit the valve body, pump and all. Sorry. Its also missing hoses and a few misc items too. I just noticed the claw is gone as well.....but the cyl is there. All cyls are intact.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Let me guess, picked them up from a guy in Wisconsin that bought them at auction? Local guy here picked up 3 from them as well, painted, wings bolted together, etc. We believe they were owned by Arteka.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ya something like that. They weren't all they were cracked up to be. But we can make them to be ;-)

6. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Wiring harnesses? Sorry, should have asked originally.

Valve manifold is a little pricey, what are thinking as is?

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

No harness either. I will try and get better pics of them, incl that one. I plan to start going through them tomorrow so I will have more answers by then. I would like to use parts off the incomplete one if I need to......was hoping to sell the other one or both before that one, but we shall see.

8. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

cant you just turn the incomplete on into central hydros for cheaper than getting all of the valve patrs and wiring...just a thought.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

^^^ That's a very good thought!

10. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I like the way you think! Hmmm... Wonder if he has any more. I have an old western 8' conventional modified for the skid loader, wouldn't be a difficult swap to an 8611 a-frame and moldboard... Uh oh, the wheels are turning...

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

These were the last 3 he had ;)

Although I know somebody with 3 for sale :)

12. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

That's why I was asking, I have a truck that I could use a backup blade for. Or make the other one a backup depending on condition.

BUT, you still need the valve manifold. And the wiring. The only thing not needed is the power unit.

Hence my questions.

Price for a manifold is around $1600. Pump is another $700. Wiring?????

Anyway you cut it, he is still going to have one partial plow. Let me know if you want to get rid of the partial one--whichever one it is--I may be interested depending on price.

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

On edit, I meant for a skidsteer plow, not central with the following post:

If you had 2 sets of aux hyd wouldn't it work? One set for angle and one set to run both wings at once?

I'd never consider buying a new manifold, I assumed there's a used one somewhere. Pumps can be had cheaper as well, don't price it from the Blizzard dealer.

I will let you know what happens.

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And they make those universal valve bodies for central hyd's that run electric valves with a switch panel. I'd imagine that could be made to work in combo with a clutch pump.

15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

No, you still need valves that open and close. A skidsteer hydro system is no different than a central hydro system. Actually, the SS is a central hydro.

Because those little coils that fit over the valves and cause them to activate keep the oil from entering the cylinders constantly and dead heading the pump. Besides that, your relief valve would never work because you would have constant pressure against the cylinders.

I'm looking for one right now, just remember, the manifolds for 810's are not interchangeable with 8611's.

16. alsam116

alsam116 Senior Member

maybe then make it a skid plow with the wings welded in the scoop position. but hell i dont know now. good luck with what ever you guys decide.

17. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

interesting situation. sorry you got into such a raw deal.

18. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

you could weld the plows in the scoop position no matter then model if needed

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed. I tested the 2 "good" ones today. They work, but need my help. Each of them has one wing not functioning, and the opposites work but not great. The valve bodies definately need going through as there are sticky valves, not functioning how they should. Both power hitch switches are screwey but they work. Plans are to pull them apart and give them some love. I have no doubts that they will come around with some elbow grease and some $$. I plan to keep one for my one ton Dodge and have local interest in the other. He is a tire kicker, so anyone here is welcome to buy the other one first if they'd like. I am going to hold off on the "bad" plow until I know that I don't need any parts from it first. It would make one helluva skidsteer or small loader plow. I will sell it if the $$ is right, or I will set it up just to have here on hand. Make an offer on the "good" plow as/is if you are interested. I don't need to make a killing but wouldn't mind some cash to work with. Once I start into it, the price will be closer to the $3k I started with. A couple more Pics to follow.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Don't mind the 45lbs of smooth ridin' summer air in these front tires LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.