1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feeler, Looking for Fisher XLS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by White Gardens, Feb 4, 2012.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Contemplating putting a fisher XLS on my dump truck next year. Really all I need is the blade, cylinders and A-frame.

I'm hoping to plumb in two more valves into my Hydraulic valve block to run it, and keep my original head gear.

So if you've got the blade and A-frame let me know.

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Nick, I'm not real sure how their hydraulic systems work since they have duplexing and digital control systems, but I know with 100% certainty that the PH1 Blizzards can replace the pump/motor with an aux block to plumb in the central hydraulics with minimal changes otherwise.

I have read many of the internet testimonials, and still believe the white plows to be the top-of-the line, but haven't personally run the other colors, so my opinion isn't 100% infallible. A guy we plowed with runs a WO, but for unrelated reasons, I consider that data point to be erroneous. I know Mike now has two WO's, so he'll likely chime in as well.

If anyone has done the conversion and has parts designed/available, it's going to be Jerre Heyer in Erie.

EDIT: I would only hang an 8611LP on that truck, it's not like it doesn't have the ratings to pull it off, and it's just that much more width/capacity.

3. White Gardens

Really right now it's kinda a pipe dream in itself and just thinking out loud. I'd love to be able to put a Wide-out or a Blizzard on the truck to speed up productivity. With the lighter and comparable events this year, I calculated the savings with and without my pro-wings and realize I could save another 10%-15% in production time with a winged plow.

My thoughts are is to go as cheap as possible as I normally do. As far as I can tell, all I would need to do is add two cable controlled valves to my expandable valve block, along with the 4 hoses to the front of the truck to control the wings. Other than that, up/down/angle would still be the same. That and I've already got fisher push plates.

So in essence, I could save $1500 bucks on the set up if not more if I just stuck with a Fisher. That and Koenig should have the valve block parts I need.

I would still be able to stay away from electronic setups that I hate so much also!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  4. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

One thing that comes to mind is that you'd look like a one armed wall paper hanger trying to angle and expand at the same time. Don't forget to put in a pressure relive or dump valve or you'll bend those wings up pretty quick. Good luck with it if you ever get around to it.

5. White Gardens

Definitively agree it's going to be slow moving the wings, but it would still be much more versatile than not. Generally I would run 20 minutes at a time in each set position, so the stopping would be minimal at best.

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u can always run a clutch pump with a electric soleniod vavle body

7. White Gardens

Thought about running an Electric valve body, but I'm trying to stay away from any electrical connections or electrical operations. It's a battle with the elements when it comes to this truck.

8. White Gardens

Just want to bump it up and say that even if you've got a complete XLS for sale, I'd be interested.

I'd just then sell off the parts I don't need.

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

People never cease to amaze me.......

10. White Gardens

Why?