1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feeler F/S 2003 chevrolet 2500hd duramax

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Blaine4450, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

Thinking about upgrading trucks so I thought I would see if anyone had some interest in this one.

2003 chevrolet silverado 2500HD duramax diesel extended cab 4 door. has 173,000 miles runs and drives great! Pictures speak for themselves. The truck may need injector work because it is getting diesel in the oil pan that is why I'am thinking $13,000 it kbb's for 15k to 16k has one small rust spot and a few dings. I will be keeping the plow mount and wiring. Tell me what you guys think. pm me if your interested please no lowball offers. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

bump for a nice truck. Mine is almost the same and the injectors started going out. Debating on whether or not to fix them. I no you said you were keeping the mount and wiring but any chance of selling separate? thanks

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If you are getting fuel into your oil pan, you need to address the injectors bud.

Do you know what the balance rates are?

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Maybe a dumb question, but how would one notice if they're getting diesel in the pan? Purely from the level rising?

5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

oil consistency, level rising and the oil will get lighter in color.

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldn't be too late then ?!

7. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

forwhlr989 I might consider selling them if the truck sells

I know I need to address the injectors but dont know if it is worth the money if I'am going to sell it. Thought that maybe someone who would want to do the injectors could have a nice truck for a reasonable price.

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

pull the dip stick and smell the oil, if it smells like diesel not oil, then the diesel is in the pan.

9. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

There is a recall/service bulletin on the injectors they were replace on my 3500 under that at no cost to me for the same issue

10. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

unfortunately the recall/ extended warranty is 7yrs or 200k which ever comes first. I wish the years didnt matter since mine is doing the same!

11. Strictly Snow

Strictly Snow Senior Member
    from Oxford

If you have a good relationship with the dealer they can good will it. I have many friends that work at gm dealerships and that's if its not too far out they do it for good customers

12. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I dont know about the good will, but I just did them on a 02 I bought and I can tell you to do all 8 injectors just in parts you are looking at over 2000, then if you have to hire it done probably another 1000.