1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feeler..... 2000 Ford F-250 7.3 PSD Ext Cab Short Bed

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jadyejr, Sep 24, 2009.

1. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Ford F-250 with a PSD 4X4 XLT. It is an extended cab short bed. It is automatic, with the manual locking hubs. This is a southern truck and has never had a plow on it. I brought it up from NC to Chicago, and have been using it when I'm in town working for my dad.

The truck runs great, has tons of power, it will need a little body work, the roof where it curves above the windshield, the body filler is coming out a little, needs some clear coat on the hood, and needs the tailgate painted. Other than that it is a great truck! It has 181k miles.

It's a solid work truck that was made for the long haul. I will only be needing it a few more weeks in Chicago, if it doesn't sell I'll be taking it back down to NC, and selling it there.

I think we'll be asking $9500. Let me know what you think. PM me for my phone number of to send me an email with more questions. I'll try to get more pictures up next week when I'm Chicago. If you would like to see the truck it is at my families house there and they would be happy to show it to you.

5411_1142471439823_1168560125_30418253_4647806_n.jpg

2. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

bump..... no one interested in a 7.3 PSD?

3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

that tall miles and that tall price......i duuno man....

4. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

I'm open to offers..... miles on that truck aren't bad.... plus since its southern no rust.... that engine looks clean and nice... My last truck that i bought up north that had a plow only had 70k miles and the whole truck was rusted... everywhere, engine, frame, everything... not this truck!

Send me offers!

5. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Looks good, I think you should be around 5,500.00 to move it... please bare in mind 10 years old approaching..it will be a tough sell.. if adding a plow..that will add to there budget...wish you luck! JMO
    the depreciation alone would place this trade in @ 3,000.00.

6. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Jadyejr,
    I'm not here to debate or challenge, based on my own experience with dealerships and Kbb; of course the number is going to be high and potentially slightly higher for private party; it a bargaining position for consumers for if and when they go to purchase another vehicle. I'm only indicating a trade in value of 3k. Question: Do you think a bank would give a loan for 36 months for this vehicle(10 years old)? In this economy, newer diesel trucks are plentiful with less mileage and fatigue for...less, a person paying cash will get the best deals! I'll remain optomistic for you...best of luck!

8. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

ok..............

9. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

10. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

ok...........

11. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How long have you owned it? Any maintenance history? Has trans. been rebuilt?

12. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Never reprogramed with programmer or chipped?

13. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

I've had the truck about 6 months. My mechanic said he thinks the tranny has been rebuilt, I was going to redo it for winter and get it beefed up to plow. I'm not going to plow this winter Afterall so really don't need the truck. Never programmed or chipped, it was owned by an older gentleman out in the country in Easter north Carolina.

14. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

any offers? decent solid truck... with powerstroke.... pm me offers!

15. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

$9000 obo....

16. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

ttt.............

17. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

6250.00 let me know. Its a cash offer and can take it Sunday

18. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Good luck with that fair trade price. I doubt any dealer would give you anywhere near that. Try stopping at a Carmax and see what they offer.
    The biggest issue is the mileage. The vehicle is not able to be sold with any kind of warranty. Most dealers will offer you wholesale for it as they will just dump it at auction.
    Also most banks are going to say the loan value is very low so you are going to have to find a cash buyer.
    That being said. 180k is no big deal for a diesel.

19. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

$8700..... I'm in chicago and have the title in hand!

20. Lunarlandscape

Lunarlandscape Member

6250.00 and I am in Des Plaines. 847/530/5498