1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feeler 1996 chevy k2500 diesel. plow and great spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by diesellandscape, Dec 7, 2009.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Just feeling it out.
    Whats my truck worth?

1996 Chevy k2500
    6.5 Turbo D
    auto
    4x4
    County owned
    never plowed with
    122k miles
    reg cab 8ft bed
    Down Easter Tailgate Spreader (Both motors are new, bearings, chains, and sprockets ate all new)
    Varib speed Spreader
    Ez dumper
    Boss 7.6 super duty plow (all new wires, mount and handheld) only 2 years plowed with

Trucks in great shape, white, beds a lil beatup but its a work truck.
    New tires, PMD w/ cooler (big gm issue)

I was thinking about 7500-8
    is that far fetched?

2. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

Do you have pictures?

3. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

Its pitched black out right now, I'll get some tomorrow

4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Its not plowed with but has a plow??

5. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

just put the plow on this truck. Had it on a 95 3500 gas. With the cost of fuel, its cheaper mpg wise for me to run diesel (12mpg loaded and 19mpg with no load vs 6mpg and 10mpg). My guess is the county used this truck to empty trash cans and clean up the parks ( had a dozen rolls of large bags under the seat). I don't need to sell right now, I actually love this salt setup (been out only one time but no more bags of salt at 2am when its -17 degrees out) I'm looking to pick up a f-550 in the spring and its the oldest of 3 chevy 2500's. The only bad thing is... The trucks weight class, the bed will hold 3 tons, but anything over one ton is risky with the dot cops. Pix tomorrow

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Waiting on pictures...................................

7. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

It's all what someone is willing to pay. I just picked up a 95 Chevy 2500 6.5diesel with a 8ft Diamond blade and 67k miles for $4750.