1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback please on a Meyer LPV spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jhook, Nov 13, 2007.

1. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I am looking at a Meyer LPV spreader. It is electric drive, 8' long 1 yard capacity. Things I like are that it is the same chain conveyer design as the gas ones we are used to. It is only as tall as the bottom of the rear window so I can still look out over it when plowing. We spread only sand here (5% salt mix) so weight is a concern for us. No point getting a 2 yard spreader, you fill one of those up with sand, you are looking at about 6000# in the back of the pickup.

Options here are limited, we can get the Tornado (but I won't), I think we can get the Salt Dogg, but I hear they have trouble with straight sand. I like the idea of an electric spreader and the "old" design. Just wondering if anyone has seen or used them?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

if your running sand .drag chain is the only way to go. how strong is the poly sides
    hate to have it freeze and end up poking a hole in the side trying to break it up.
    what the weight saving over a stainless model.