1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Timbrens??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nino1025, Dec 18, 2004.

1. nino1025

nino1025 Junior Member

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax/Allison and i'm interested in some more stability/load capacity. I was just wondering if all they say about the (timbrens) was true?

One of my concerns is how it is going to affect my factory ride without the plow.

My plow is a 7'6" RD Fisher MM2 with a snofoil. I do have a tailgate spreader and allways have my correct ballast which calls for 800#'s

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ripple

Ripple Member

get em

Best 100 bucks I ever spent!
    I have a 2003 3500 GMC with a Fisher EZV 8'6 and its heavy. The Timbrens keep the front end up about an inch or so. I also cranked the torsion bars up. I do not notice a ride difference the rest of the year! But its a dually so its a stiff ride anyway!
    I also have spreader and ballast.
  3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i have almost the same truck as you, chevy. put timbrens front and rear, and i love it. the front end ride is actually nicer in my opinion, and in the rear it really handles heavier wieghts better. talk to big nate, his prices are the best. it was the best 280 i have spent on my truck to date.
  4. 810F250

810F250 Junior Member

I have the load boosters on the front and rear this season. The original ride is somewhat firmer (the ride reminds me if the bilstein sport shocks and eibach prokit on my former honda, "sporty ride"). I think that the ride would be more stock if my under carriage was not that heavy (810), the boosters i think would not have made contact with the axels on my ford with snowplow prep package, the reason i say this is because i barely had to jack the frame. Thinking about it the 5.4 is the baby engine.
  5. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I have a Chevy half ton and use a 7.5' Curtis. It's a heavy plow for that truck, so it's only mounted when actually being used to plow my farm. The front end dropped 2 inches without the timbrens, about half an inch with them. I noticed absolutely no change in the ride after installing them.

6. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Timbrens and Bilstein shocks?

I put timbrens on the front last year and just currently ordered them for the rear from www.truckspring.com where they are 143.00 with free shiping. I have a 1998 Chevy k2500 ext cab, with meyers 7.5. I also have a 6' Flink Sander in the back where i put about 1.5 tons in. The rearend sags a little right now but i am looking to eliminate it by puting timbrens on it.

Does anyone know of a good Shock. Mine are shot and i am looking to replace them. I was told to get Bilstein 5100 series. IS this a good shock?
  7. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Timbrens??? Two thumbs up....you won't regret em. :salute:
  8. Duplantisjj

Duplantisjj Senior Member

Best $143 I've ever spent for upgrades....Ride is a bit firmer but not stiff. Truck actually corners better (flatter). I have the Boss 7'6" Poly,,,W/O Timbrens it nose dives about 2",,,,with Timbrens it drops about 1/2".... :waving:
  9. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Yup, just do it man.
  10. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Spoke to timbren yesterday. They do not recommend adding helper springs or add a leaves to a truck that has timbrens installed. The representative told me that if i was unhappy with the standard timbrens i was to call him back and he would swapp out the standard ones for the tow truck version that is rated at 9000lbs instead of the standard at 6000. I am going to give this a try and see if what he said is true about not needing helper springs on my truck to eliminate sag. He said that the timbrens should eliminate 90% sag.
  11. FF279

FF279 Banned

Stupied question....WHAT ARE timbrens??? I FEEL DUMB :confused: :confused:
  12. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

13. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

I got my timbers put on yesterday it made a night and day difference up front its much firmer now with the plow on and off feels like a tank now. This is the second best mod to your truck i think you can do. The first would be to upgrade your tranny cooler or put one in, remember all the snake looking ones are crap for coolers, get the ones that look like a Mini radiator :nod:
  14. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

not to bash timbren but offer a second opinion, i put timbrens on the front of my 04hd and i have the airlift version on my 97 2500 and they seem a little stiffer then my 04.
    for the rear there is nothing better then air bags handsdown the best by farrrrr. i put airlift with compressor on my 97' when we got it and they still work great up or down with the press of a button. i the put airbags on my flatbed sander truck after breaking a couple of leaf springs 2 years ago. and this year i installed them on my 04 with the compressor and electronic controller from www.truckspring.com

will get pics on saturday
  15. drplow

drplow Senior Member

had timbrins put on two weeks ago, corners nice and has a nice ride for a truck yet. its a must have when you are running an 810blizzard.
  16. sgodiv

sgodiv Junior Member

I got mine from Truckspring.com too. I have a 1999 GMC 2500 (new body style) It was night and day. less than half the drop and better balance in load with ballast (800#). I have a Western 8'6" MVP almost 900#'s hanging 4' off the front of the truck. Planning to get them for the rear soon to save the drop from balast and salt bags.
  17. skidsteerloader

skidsteerloader Junior Member

Got em and wouldnt put a plow on an IFS truck without em. Difference is night and day, truck rides better empty also. Seems to be alot less body roll in the turns.
  18. nino1025

nino1025 Junior Member

Finally got a set for the front of my GMC and I love them best investment yet!!! by far!!! and just in time for this next storm :)