1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on Strobes n more triple threat

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PLC1985, Oct 23, 2014.

1. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

Hi looking to get some tech feedback or suggestions. I've got a couple of the strobes n more next gen triple threat dash lights. No complaints great light great output. The one in rear window I have no complaints my one in front even w flashback shield is a killer on the eyes and gonna give my kids a siezure haha. It's fine during the day but now with it getting darker earlier and especially once I start plowing I will toss it out then window after 20 mins. They say they are for interior use only. However they say they are waterproof and encapsulated. There's no returning them I've had them 6 months now. What do you think as far as if I stuck the front one in the grill. I'm sure it void the warranty I don't really care they are inexpensive enough. Thjnk it would last a year or two. I'm sure it's hard to say. Just wondering if its a total waste. Ill upgrade to an exterior light when it's dead but just don't wanna do it now light is perfectly good. I'm wondering if they just say its for interior so they can have a 5 year warranty. Looking at the light it doesn't look any different then some I have that are for exterior.

2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

3. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

I used to have the strobe hide aways. Led is surely the way to go. The old strobes got hot were sensitive to moisture and so on. I will definitely use these above when it's time. Just trying to save a dime while I have these perfectly good lights.

4. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

5. tjctransport

i would call strobes and more and see what they have to say about external mounting them in the grill area.

6. PLC1985

PLC1985 Member

I tried to make question as clear as possible. Hah I know these types of forums tend to get off course. I did speak w strobes n more this morning. Lady was helpful but specific in that it is an interior dash light. Understandable from a warranty side. My thing is is it looks no different than similar exterior lighting options. Sure I could sell it and get proper light but its fairly new and it's paid for. My only other thing I would do with it is put it on the shelf and let it collect dust like many other older lights and things.

7. tjctransport

i would use some clear silicone and seal any openings, then mount it out front and call it good.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's one the best answers I've seen on PS ever. It was clear and to the point of his clearless, clueless,pointless response