1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feedback on a meyer poly plow on a 01' 1/2 ton chevy

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MidwestLawnCo., Jan 16, 2010.

1. MidwestLawnCo.

MidwestLawnCo. Junior Member

I'm putting a 71/2 ft. meyer max poly plow on my 01 chevy silverado half ton reg. cab 4.8 v8. I was wondering if I would have any problems, or if anyone with a similar setup can tell me if they ran into any problems or what I can do to avoid it?

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

you are going to have problems just because it is a MEYER! j/k, but seriously- put some money away for repairs.

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

After I switched from a steel blade (C-9 to CP-9) , and after trying numerous coatings to deter snow and ice from adhering when plowing with the steel blade , my opinion is that there is nothing better than a Poly blade , you will never get snow to roll off of a steel or SS blade as well as it does from a Poly, just a matter of physics.

7.5 Poly is probably a bit much for a 1/2 ton , but it should work , it has been done many times .

Just my .02

TOM

4. gamberbull13

gamberbull13 Senior Member

I currently run a 7.5poly on my 2500hd and absolutely love it over a steel love the weight too. But my plus might be a bit much for a half ton. Only wish mine was an eight.

5. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i have a meyer STP 7.5 poly on my 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi, and i have had no problems

6. STREETGLIDE

STREETGLIDE Member
    from OHIO

I have a steel 7.5 myers on my half ton 4.8 motor have had no problems absolutely love mine. Everything works great,