1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feed gate on sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Flake Chaser, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

What's your's set at ? Mines rusted at 2.5 inches and dumps the sand out. A couple more sanding's and I'll charge for beach passes:eek: . I'm ordering a whole new assembly and going to set it at 1.5 inches and see what that does

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try posting it on the Truck & Equipment Repair Section. Put the brand, size, how old and someone should be able to help. May just need some flame wrench to get it apart and clean it up and lube the hell out of it to get it to work.

3. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

The bottom of gate completely rusted off that's why it dumps the sand. I put a piece of flat stock and bolted it in using the bottom two bolts on bracket of gate assembly. Everything else is rusted including the chute. Hey I'm not complaining I got it for FREE. I will be rehabbing it in the summer though
    Pete

4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

As Mentioned...

Depending on what type of unit it is you should be able to turn down the conveyor speed to compensate for the larger opening thus controlling you beach effect....

5. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

It's a really really old henderson. My bubby told me it's about 10-15 years old. I think only newer ones you can do that with.