1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feed Back Or Opinion On STL Lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Tundraplow07, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Tundraplow07

Tundraplow07 Member

I've Been Shopping around back and forth looking at lightbars and haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. I wanted to get the whelen mini lp from strobes n more then I saw this https://www.speedtechlights.com/product_detail.php?iid=1&catid=4&id=287 and I want this one. but I haven't been able to get feedback anyone on this site used these before ? do you like them? and how bright are they during the day and night. Thanks :mechanic:
  2. chakakan

chakakan Junior Member

STL lights

Stay away from STL. Chinese junk. I've seen them in green and they are fairly bright at night. My buddy had one and started having electrical issues near the end of the first year. He no longer runs it. Went out and bought a used Liberty. Another company I've seen is Prestige LED. Another buddy runs ALOT of them and they are decent. Had them for over a year with no problems that I know of. Decent prices too. But pretty sure they are chinese too...
  3. Thor78

Thor78 Member

+1 I don't have personal experience with STL, nor have I ever seen any in person. However, I have never seen anyone have anything good to say about them. People are always complaining about them for one reason or another. The bar you were looking at says it costs $449. IMO you would be better off spending $50 more and getting a whelen mini justice. It's not quite as big as the STL you were looking at, but it is one of the larger mini bars out there, and a much better product.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  4. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I would definitely stay away from any lights made in China. All super low quality, light output, and they do not last. What you try and save now will end up costing you later.
  5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I like my Mini Phantoms and Falcon, they both work great!, I just have to build a mount for the Falcon on my back rack.
  6. Tundraplow07

Tundraplow07 Member

what about voltex lights ? there is one on craigslist for sale only a yr old and its 56in low pro lightbar for 300
  7. Thor78

Thor78 Member

IMO I would stay away from voltex too. They look quite similar to STL and led outfitters which is the Chinese stuff. Even if they work decent for a little while, I don't think they will last long. Also, most of those companies videos are shot in low light and make the lights appear better than they are, very misleading. Their website says it's $849 new, so why are they selling it for $300 after a year.....I would stick with one of the better brands even if it means going with a smaller lightbar.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  8. tomx20

tomx20 Member

STL products are not quality products. Although STL doesn't have many (if any) quality products, there are other sites that have affordable emergency lighting which will last you years and years!

Here is a video of an STL bar after 2 years:
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012