1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

FedSig Legend Controller Problem

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mark13, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Federal Signal Legend LED bar on my truck with the 6 button controller. I got it as a demo and every once in a while while using the lightbar is suddenly goes into like a limp mode. No matter what flash pattern it's on it will stop working and just revert to 2 light "sections" on the front of the bar being lit up. They won't be at full brightness but more then the "dim" mode and will just stay continuously lit up. If I unplug the power to the controller and then plug it back in the lightbar will go back to working as normal. Sometimes this will happen multiple times in a 10 or 15 minute window and other times it can be on for hours and be trouble free.

The controller also seems to have problems memorizing button functions. I can only get it to remember 3 patterns and the off/1/2/3 switch on the bottom doesn't seem to do anything.

Ideas?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Check out elightbars.org.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think the problem was the ground in the lightbar. Ran it for about 3hrs and didn't have a problem. If it ever snows here I'll have to see if it appears to be fixed.