1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Federal Signal Lightbar Controller

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by KL&M Snow Div., Oct 4, 2010.

1. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I just ordered a Federal Signal light controller, the one with a 3 position switch for your lightbar and such and then four toggle switches for other things. By the way I understand it, it's LED backlit so you can see it at night. My current switchbox is wired directly to my battery, so you can leave it on when the truck is off to run lights. But my concern is with this new one will the back lighting will run down my battery if I leave it on all the time like my current one. Is there a way that I can wire it to shut off after say an hour or two of the vehicle being shutoff? I run my lights alot with the truck off so I would like to figure this out somehow.

2. hondarider203

hondarider203 Member

i would put a switch on my main power wire in to the swich bow not to sure about a timer though

3. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

Most switch packages with back lighting have a separate wire to feed the them. You can connect it to your park lamp circuit or an ignition wire so the come on respectively.

4. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

5. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Hey thanks man! I ordered one. I'll try to show the setup once I get everything all wired up real nice and stuff.