1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Federal Signal Highlighter vs. TurboBeam

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joethevacman14, Nov 17, 2003.

1. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

How do they compare? Or do they have the same guts as far as rotators, bulbs, motors etc....? I did notice that the 22" turbobeam is $5 more than the highlighter at awdirect.com. I figure, for $5 more It would be longer by 7", aluminum base, and diamond mirror. Does anyone run a 22" turbobeam? pics, short movie of one running? Thanx to all!

P.S. we got about 1" of white powder about 1-2 weeks ago!!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2003
  2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Joe,,,, dont waste the money on a fancy lightbar. Once you break it plowing you will know what I mean. The mini bars w/ dual rotators and a strobe work just fine & if it gets damaged its a lot less $$$$ to repair or replace.

Budget $200 for a light bar.:drinkup:
  3. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

i think it would be personal preference. It looks like the two run the same insides, the only difference is diamond shaped mirror and slightly different lense/frame design. The highlighter is plenty powerful and large enough to produce a good output. Personally I'd save the twenty bucks and get a highlighter.
  4. chevy guy37

chevy guy37 Member

Like bam said, They are a little diffrent. But same exact rotators.
    The turbo beam just has a diamond mirror and has a diffrent shape as well it is a little longer. I use highlighters on my trucks.
    Work fine. I would go with the highlighter due to its a little smaller. Good luck!
  5. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Thanx Guys!
  6. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

I saw the Highlighter at the New England Show yesterday. I was impressed by the unit. Well built. I personnally like a rotator better than a strobe. (The reflects from a strobe drive me CRAZIER than I already am)

The Highlighter has a great magnet/suction mount.

good luck!