1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Federal Signal Highlighter Light Bar

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris-R, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Well it looks like I have to get some sort of light bar. I'm going to mount it on my back rack. I don't want to spend loads of $$ and it seems that many people like the Federal Signal Highlighter which isn't very expensive compared to others. My question is should I get the 95 FPM or 175 FPM unit? Thanks for the help.
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I personally like the 95 FPM. with the diamond mirror. Great setup.
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Ill sell you mine, I only used it once, and I still have the original box, somewhere... Give me a PM if your interested
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I think most people have the 95fpm model, I know I did.
  5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

I've got the 175 FPM model. It a real attention getter. Very Bright The only downside is it alittle loud, but I had it on my cab. This year its going to a lightbar rack, so I think that should take care of the problem.
  6. Custom

Yeah, I have a custom one....its a 175 with the gears replaced. It makes the 175 look really slow. I absolutley love it, super attention getter. A guy in Grand Rapids modifies them........Marks Auto Body........I have compliments on it all the time, all the locals love it.
  7. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

I used to have a Code3 LP Mini Bar, that was really bright as well.

8. killed300ex

killed300ex Senior Member

i have the 175 i really like it no complaints here would definitly recomend it.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

go with strobes or led look on ebay.