1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

federal signal hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by the new boss 92, Aug 20, 2010.

1. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im looking to get a set of hidaways for my truck this year. i talked to my cuzin that has ben plowing for 10 years and he can get me a good deal on fs strobes and he said he has never had a problem with them. my question is can i put a standard strobe in my reverse light on my truck or will i need to get led's because of the heat the make? this will be going in the truck in my sig. also anyone in the dupage county area that would care to help the install that has done them before in a couple weeks?

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the FS hide a ways are not like others from what i have heard they are a bit odd. i would go with a set of whelen vertexs

3. the new boss 92

That's what I was first looking at and then my cusiz told me he can get them at a decentprice

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Feds are still a bright reliable hide-a-way. Not very well known as well as whelens. Personally I'd get whelen, but if they were handed to me I'd run them.

5. salt guy

salt guy Junior Member
    from USA

A discount dealer in ohio sells them cheap. Call 513-678-1597

6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

7. the new boss 92

Thanks swtiih Ill shoot him an email now and see what he says. I was trying to remember who he was cause I knew there was some one close to me that didn't live far. He's in glendale hts correct?

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

You guys are the best......FS is ok stuff...the older versions used reverse terminals but the newer stuff is exactly the same as whelen i am pretty sure..

nice part is they factory is 30 min south in University park IL....been there SEVERAL times myself.

THANKS FOR THE PROPS SWTIIH