1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Federal Highlighter

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Brandon29, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Hey guys! Im going to install a federal highlighter led mini lightbar on my 2000 gmc. My question is do they make a mount for them to mount to a back rack? I can either buy the magnetic one or the perment mount. I would prefer the perment mount if someone makes a mount for them. I made my own mount for my 90 but that was kind of a PITA

Thanks
    Brandon

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here ya go. I googled this. And I found this part number on back racks site. This is what its called too. "Utility Light Bracket. Center Mount, 16" x 7" Base
    Part # 91002REC"

backrack-mini-lightbar-165590.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

alright I saw that style but acording to federals website. The highlighter permanet mount messures 15.3" by 8.4" and the megnetic mount messures 15.3" by 8.4" as well. Im not sure if it will work since its 16 by 7.

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

should be able to mount it on that...depends on where the mounting holes are but from what I've seen you should be able to get it on there. You can always go and see if you can get someone to fabricate you one that's a bit larger. Maybe cheaper in price too!

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

yeah I agree, get the light, bring it to a fab shop and have them take some measurements and show them a pic of what you want and they will fab it up. Like Prisch said, it will probably be a lot cheaper too.

6. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I made my own for my 90 and it looks good but there is still some time in it. I was hoping to order the light and a bracket to mount it right up but thats not going to happen lol Thanks guys