1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fed Sig and Back Rack

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Jul 16, 2010.

1. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I want to run 2 Federal Signal Model 100's on my Back Rack, Im not sure if I want to get the 6.5" Base or the 10.5" base. The mounting studs measure 5.75" apart. What so you guys think?

Model 100

2. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Why not just buy the Mini Pinnacle which is probably very close in cost to the 2 of the model 100's

3. PabstBlueRibbon

Cause I have the Model 100's already.

4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

that makes sense

5. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Put them farther apart... more visiblilty at more angles... just my 2 cents worth!

6. PabstBlueRibbon

To clear up confusion, I am going to mount then on the driver and passenger side. they make 2 brackets one it the 10.5" and the other is the 6.5" idk which bracket i should get.

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

what's the diameter of the base of the light. Get as close to it as possible... I'm going to say the 6.5... if you go bigger I'd also think about mounting some side lights under the edge to light the sides of the truck

8. PabstBlueRibbon

the base is like 8.25" but the bolts are only 5.75". its a tough call. Im gonna rin some reverse lights on the rack too!

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'll measure mine and let ya know how big the outside diameter is.

10. PabstBlueRibbon

that would be awesome