1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

feb 2nd Phil

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Well guys Phil said 6 more weeks of winter.
    Personally I trust a groundhog more than the weather men.
    Not a good sign.

2. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

I hope we start getting some snow. This is beginning to really suck, lol. Temps are going up most of the week with rain possible Tuesday and then temps drop again at end of the week. Mike

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was just in ohio saturday and boy what little snow they have they really need a good storm.

4. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

our inch and a half of accumulation for the season just melted

5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Phil has my trust over the weather man. Said 2-4" twice last week. One time 2", the next time 3/4". Maybe when they predict a foot we'll get 3 or 4 inches

6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I was watching the news the other nite about the real reason woodchucks come out in feb.
    Has nothing to do with winter,,,just coming out to find a mate.

7. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

WE'll have to wait and see. Here it is febuary and I've only been out to plow twice so far this season with the new plow. Lots of saltings so far. Guess a little snow is better than no snow at all.:(

8. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Very true... same goes for most wild rodents. Squirrel season is best this time of year since they are somewhat careless and out and about from a hormonal drive!

The Puxatauney Phil thing is an absolute farce. The "Inner Circle" is a handful of overfed, fat business men dressed in trench coats wearing top hats. They make this procession to Gobbler's Knob through a huge crowd (mainly drunks) then the ground hog's handler opens the door to some make-shift, tree trunk of a cage and pulls Phil out. Then he is held up high for a bit so all can view him with the stupified look on his face. Straw is falling from his feet and bottom too. If you're lucky, you might get to see him whiz or dump!!! They drape a dark cloth over this bogus stump, place him atop it, lower all the stage lighting for 15 seconds, then read a longwinded decree stating "yeah or nea". Meantime, there are so many hundreds of camera flashes going off there's no chance for natural sunlight to enter the scene and then back to the huge floodlights! He always sees his shadow!! Regardless of all that, a calendar still always indicates the First Day of Spring and that's what I go by. Next silliest thing is seeing plenty of the audience wearing woodchuck hats fashioned up in one fashion or another.

9. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Roger, you may be right about all that, but is there any other reason, or any other day, that they can get anybody to go to Punxy for?

BTW, I understand that within the past couple of years they've prohibited the drinking too....

10. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Glad to hear they banned the booze for DUI sakes afterwards. Many still act like they are in a stupor... maybe from getting up in those pre-dawn hours!:rolleyes: At least the greeting card companies get a boost in business - eh?

11. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

guys eveyone that goes there is irish.there drunk all the time.sometimes they don't need a drink for 3 days and they still act drunk..... LOL LOL

didn't mean to cut on anyone.just making a little joke

12. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Well Either way us up here in der nath country gots 6 mow weeks of winter any who.:drinkup:

13. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Tis said that, an Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold on to one single blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth. :drinkup:

14. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

groundhog

my wife hit one with her jeep ,hope that does'nt screw up winter :drinkup:

15. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

"PHIL, PHIL CONNORS?,

WATCH OUT FOR THAT 1ST STEP, 1ST ONE'S ALWAYS A DOOZY..."

"DON'T DRIVE ANGRY".....

(BILL MURRAY TO PUXSUTAWNEY PHIL (OR HIS STUNT-DOUBLE) AS THR RODENT TAKES THE WHEEL OF 78 GMC PICK-UP OVER THE CLIFF)

ANY "GROUND HOG DAY" FANS HERE????

mike 9497--- WHAT'S UP WITH RUNNING THE IRISH SMACK????,

ISN'T PUX, PA. ALL PENN-DUTCH COUNTRY????

16. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

shamrock1

my girl friend is irish so i know how you guys are.....lol lol
    im italian and we talk like rocky and beat everyone up we see.plus some of us have the big tall hair styles also like me....lol.
    in my town they even made a chirstmas song for us italians in EAST STAVEN......lol lol

didn't mean to push any buttons.just wanted to make a little joke.i can see it wasn't taken well.sorry

17. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

MIKE9497-

It wasn't taken anyway....People need to break each other's shoes more often......

Okay MIKE SOPRANO....