1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Feb 06 Snow Amounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

We just recived a cancel on a good contract, there saying we service there lot on a date that there was no snow, Dose any one know how to find out what dates and amounts ?

2. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

You should be able to ask your (BOOK KEEPER). If she/he is like ours then they have posted the date of service along with a note on amount of snow !! If not I surly would have them to that from now on then you wouldn't find yourself in this situation.
  3. richsoucie

richsoucie Member

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Check your plow log book. You should find the amount of snow, time of day, number of pushes/salt applications. Each truck/driver/operator should have one to compare with the one at your home/office. If not, fire the bookeeper:angry:
  5. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

you shouldnt be asking us this question....maybe they should be fireing you if you cant even keep books,,,and who knows maybe you did plow on a day that it dint snow, weirder things have happened like you not knowing when and how muhc it snowed....comon-on!
  6. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

There's a good chance he needs an additional source to use with his own figures if he is trying to prove that it snowed at a location.

In court, our own snow amount figures would never hold up.
  8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

You 100 % Right, I have my notes, I'm trying to prove that it did snow, and depth..

I'm not sure, why i'm being roasted on this post !!!! Book keeping is not the problem here.. If some one was to post on this site and they needed help, I'd be more then happy to help them, not roast them on there problems.... Thats one one big down fall of this site is every one wants help when they need it, but they want to roast on every one else....
  9. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

we had 4-6 here from the storm that fell that weekend
  10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think anyone is trying to roast you. Your question was very general, if you wanted to aviod the book keeping answers, you could have explained why you needed an additional source.
  11. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

i was only rosting you casue it seemed that you dint have any date /records///sorry,,,
  12. wing 97

wing 97 Junior Member
    from ct

Take a look at your local TV news stations web site. I know my local station list out dates and amounts for storms. It may give you something to fight with.
  13. ynvvbr

ynvvbr Member

Clapperm Try Weather Works. I just don't know if they have data for Ohio.

If Not check Accuweather also.
  14. Tri-County INC.

Tri-County INC. Member

Try this web site

go to climate then go to the index has major listing in ohio, or if this doesnt help call local metrologist and he can give all dates to you, for like the past 5 years or something like that. good luck
  15. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

This thread makes me question on how people deal with customers.

To the original poster, I assumed from the start you needed an addional source.

As for those roasting him...

If I was in the customers shoes, and said it didn't snow on X date but was serviced, I would wan't more proof than your little log book. If I already suspect you are ripping me off, how do I know you arn't going to run and adjust your logs accordingly?

The original question was fairly clear. I don't know how anyone could service a lot that didn't require it. At the very most you could pre treat a lot and get rain or nothing.

But you would probably notice when plowing that there is no snow.
  16. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Wow, I guess I am a little too far down here to join in on the roast?

Don't you just hate it when you join in late and you miss a perfectly good roast and get stuck with just having to help somebody out...

OK, here goes...try this site, it has lots of information on measuring methods as well as related links to measuring sites:

17. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

dI had the same thing happen this season, we've had a lot of snow squall activity this year, with snow amounts being 2-4" different in only a few miles.
    A client questioned my plowing on a certain date.
    I don't know for sure about, NOAA, but Enviroment Canada's website provides historical data for all stations, I simply printed off the data for that day showing it snowed. I also have a Davis weather station at home with a heater in the rain collector, it doesn't measure snow, but does measure the precip and I also provided a copy of that data.
    What the manager was going on was that other contractors had not billed for that day at other locations 10-20 miles away, and with the weird weather this year it had only snowed in my area.

18. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Snow totals very so much around Ohio. I can have nothing at my house in North Akron. But I will get a call to plow 4+ inches 5 miles or less north of me.
    The customer may live many miles from their business and not even be aware of the snow fall at their business.
    I checked the site for snow totals etc and there is NO WAY it is right.
    There is NO WAY we got 32 inches of snow this season!