1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fear Of Salt Damage To Turf

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by WHITESLAWNCARE, Jan 24, 2008.

1. WHITESLAWNCARE

WHITESLAWNCARE Junior Member
    from ny

think i over shot one of my lots and sprayed the lawn since corrected the problembut am worried is there somthing to spray. to fix or just hope for best

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

ok, how much did u get in the grass?

3. WHITESLAWNCARE

from ny

Ah! i did not visuely see the salt in the grass but im guesing there is because one day i noticed as i did my run that the salt skips on the ground and hops the curb into the grass and also may have over shot but not enough to see. could just be worring about nothing but they are a year round contract and two years ago we installed 20,000 worth of sod which is the grass in guestion not all just a little. The lanes are wicked skinney To rectifie the problem of over lap i slowed my speed and adjusted the flow but still it throws it pretty good i would use a smaller set up but i cant make five trips to load i need the volume. whats the concenses!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

its going to take lot of runoff to kill the grss. but without being there its hard to tell

5. WHITESLAWNCARE

from ny

ya thats what i though but i wasnt sure how much was enough to kill the grass i just wanted to get some input thanks alot Brendan white

6. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

We dump the salt and have never had a problem with the grass LOL

Any time thats what the site is for

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Trust me, there is ALOT more salt that hits the Turf near the road from the road crews than what we get on it from the lot areas. I think you'll be alright.

8. ohchit

ohchit Junior Member

I heard that the grass in New York is really easy to kill with just 1 or 2 pieces of salt. It may kill the whole lawn you better get a loan so you can re sod. No it takes about a half ton in a non paying custemers lawn to get a really good dead spot. Not that I would do that. He should have paid his bill.