1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite to wear

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pert Snow, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Pert Snow

Pert Snow Member

Hey guys just wanted to see what your most favorite and comfortable thing is to wear while plowing for a long period of time.
    Me i wear layers and just peel them off with the heat blasting. ya never know when your gonna have to get out and repair something. gotta have the hat and gloves of coarse your steel toe boots.wesport
  2. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Gotta have a hooded sweat shirt so the seat belt doesnt dig into your neck !
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

T-shirt and sneakers.
  4. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

i wear long underwear, wrangler cowboycut jeans (most comfortable non baggy jeans), two t-shirts, and a flannel, then my carhartt coat, or just the bibs..depends if ill be outside a lot or not. While plowin in the truck usually no coat, just my stockin cap. oh and some good hunting type boots... steel toes suck in the winter....
  5. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Long underwear, jeans, and a nice flannel shirt, cant' wear a hoodie as it irritates my neck from constantly turning my head!

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

jammy pants are nice,lol
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

My fleece lined jeans...very warm. My underarmour turtle neck, company t-shirt, company hoodie and the carhartt coat. Then I have Muck boots that are extremely warm, great for the cold. I agree, steel toe sucks. And of course the stocking cap and gloves.
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I'm usually layered really good.

Under shirt or standard t shirt. Long sleeve t-shirt, company sweat shirt and then a medium weight hoodie. I have a carhart jacket for over top. A nice pair of wool hunting socks keep my feet nice and warm. If its really cold out, I'll throw either my insulated hunting coat or my insulated hunting bibs. (There nice too if its late and dark out as the blaze orange lights up nice!) lol
  9. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

usually thermal long sleeve under a tshirt with a hoody on that usually comes off after little when im nice and toasty. whatever work jeans are layin on my floor, nice warm pair of gloves and a hat incase of a repair. steel toe boots that have to go, once your in the snow more then 5min, usually after cleanin of the truck before i go, your feet never seem to get warm which really blows since my full time job usually lands me outside or in unheated building all winter. sick of my dam toes always been frozen :realmad:
  10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got a pair of jeans, rocky snow boots or leather work boots with steel toes or cowboy boots, hoodie or flannel shirt, carhartt type coat, baseball hat, and a pair of carhartt type bibs in my truck also, and a few pairs of leather work gloves.

Tonight it was flannel shirt, jeans, carhartt coat, cowboy boots, and my trusty baseball hat.
  12. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

<----- plows Nekid

(below the many layers of clothing and bibs) :D
  13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

14. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

always my spandex pants, with a loose sweater vest. Most comfortable thing to wear, sometimes my ear muffs too.

I can try and find a picture of me plowing.....
  15. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Jeff- speaking for myelf and others if you're wearing spandex please make sure the pic is waist up only!!!!! :)
  16. JayMac

JayMac Member

I'm with GV. How can you be comfortable with all of that stuff on. Plus, doesn't it wear you out?
  17. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Jeans and T-shirt. Have Coat, hoodie, gloves, hat in back seat just in case. Oh, and I wear shoes or boots depending on how deep the snow is.
  18. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

I keep the car starter on my night stand, so when I leave, the truck is hot inside.When I get in the truck I wear a long sleeve tee, sweat pants, and slippers. I keep a bag in the back seat with jeans, carhartt, and boots just in case I get stuck
  19. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

i wear jeans, t-shirt, and a light long sleeve sweater. I also keep a pair of gloves my baseball cap, and a knit hat also, and i wear boots, i have to get out, and unlock gated for a few places, and hate wet feet.
  20. jaymorgan2

jaymorgan2 Junior Member

Carhartt quilted duck bibs, wool socks, and gore-tex 400 gram thinsulate Irish Setters. T-shirt, hoodie, fleece vest. Keep some gloves, a full face hat, and a baseball hat in the cab.