1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fast cast spreaders?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Lynden-Jeff, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hi,

Looking for some info on the curtis spreaders. I dont see much on here about them but im about to purchase on for some residential/light commercial salting.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

curtis tailgate spreaders

I stopped looking at curtis - only 5 CF that's about 250 Lb of salt.
    Curtis is displaying only 2 units being sold yet the manuals' page lists several units.
    If/when I can't get my info quick I move on to the next guy - fisher, western, etc

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

My dealer is trying to sell me a 10 Cubic foot, 750 lb model. Im not really worried about wether or not they still sell it, just that it works. I think 10 CF should be quite a bit for what im doing, probably a routes worth just about, I know what your saying though.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Make the dealer show you a parts breakdown sheet w/pricing, owner's manual, and guarntee he supplies the parts.
    If you can't PDF it from the Curtis web-site you may never get it.