1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fast Cash!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 18, 2005.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Anyone ever run into this? We had snow that turned to rain then everything froze that was Friday, today I get a bunch of calls (from non-customers) to break out the end of their driveways, just plowing the hard packed frozen snow. Took about 2 min each and got $40 cash! Got plenty of beer money for tonight :drinkup:

That was great I hope I get more!

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That can be hard as hell on your plow and truck sometimes.
    The plow trips,returns upright, catches again, trips your -not fast enough on the brakes--> Dead Mailbox, watch out ditch.

3. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We have enough work with our regular customers.. When they are taken care of it's time to sleep... :sleeping: payup

4. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

from all the rain that froze i made over $1500 salting. Didn't even want to touch the plow.

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

In large storms, I drive around big towns and people flag me down on the side of the road. They par me like $35 to push the end of the driveway. I almost make as much as I do with my clients! My one rule is that I do not take money from older people who whould not be shoveling in the first place. I can't see making an old lady pay for me to help her out!:angel:

6. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

last year we had a storm of 10" of wet heavey snow got a call on one street for driveway by the time i left i made over $1500 from just the one steet in about 2 hours cant beat money like that!