1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fast blinker

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Wyosnow, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Wyosnow

Wyosnow Junior Member
    from Wyoming

So.....I recently hooked up a used Hiniker plow to a 2011 GMC 2500. When I turned on the blinkers I got 3 normal "blinks" then it would blink very rapidly. Searching the forum, I found that this wasn't to uncommon. I checked the grounds, and all looked good.
    I ran a new pair of wires from the 5th wheel wiring (you could go to the trailer plug also) to the plow harness. This remedied the problem. I have blinkers that work as they should. (It must be on a heavier duty circuit for the trailer)
    I just wanted to share the info in case anyone else runs into this problem. It's worth a try. :mechanic:
  2. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

put a heavier flasher unit in
  3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Get the LED turn signal bulbs and put them in your plow. They pull less amps, the circuit used to tap in the snowplow lights is almost maxed out. Have done it on a few plows. Seems to affect Chevy's 2009 and up the most.