1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Farming pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rob_cook2001, Nov 22, 2009.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I know there has to be some more farmers in here.
    In the stuck picture the field was a little wet, took a 8100 to pull it out, my 7400 didn't have a chance.
    The corn field is a customers of mine, I stack hay/straw for him. My little brother is 5'10 to give you a idea.

stuck wagon.jpg

stacking vergils 1.jpg

stacker in hoyt.jpg

allan in corn and bruces.jpg

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Kind of runty corn.

3. rob_cook2001

Maybe for Iowa lol. That field was a good 8-12 inches taller than anything else around.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Telling a farmer his corn looks runty is worse then saying he has a but ugly wife. ;)

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

:laughing:

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Took this a couple weeks ago.:D

combine elia.jpg

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Which Condo is yours?:laughing:

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I've never seen a machine like that New Holland before. That's pretty cool :cool:

9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i realize you like John Deere, but if you are planning to plow with that, you might be a redneck

10. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Dose it stack it like that on its own or do you have someone back there doing it?

11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

the bale picker does it all automatically, neat machine, even more fun to drive, they drive those things fast!!!

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

You should know this by now, but:

It's not the length of your stalk but the weight of your cob that matters! ;)

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Building on the left penthouse.;) I went home for lunch that day so I just parked the combine out front.
    The baler just drops the bales and that picks them up and stacks them. Then you either drop them in the field and have a truck pick up a load and drive them back to the barn or you drive the machine back. The purpose is to eliminate handling the bales, we use to have quite a few of them around here. Now some of the guys pull a stacker behind the baler and it ties 18 small squares into 1 big square bale and you can move with a bale spear.

14. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

here are some from havest

Harvest 022.jpg

15. rob_cook2001

You control everything in the cab. I can stack just under 4000 bales in a good long day. It will run down the road at about 40mph with a load and 50mph empty. Almost 60% of my income in the summer comes from stacking hay. It has a perkins diesel, 5spd trans with a split rearend. Sitting so far in front of the axle makes it a little different to drive but I love it. Put about 580 hours on it this year, picked up a little over 160,000 bales.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  16. Dirtboy953B

and some more

Harvest 026.jpg

Harvest 027.jpg

Harvest 014.jpg

Harvest 013.jpg

17. Dirtboy953B

and a few more...we no longer have the John Deere 9760 we had way too much trouble with it,we got a Case 8010 last year and love it

truck 001.jpg

truck 006.jpg

18. Pennings Garden

Pennings Garden Senior Member
    from VA

To funny!!!:laughing::laughing:

19. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

sweet! i love to hear guys switch from green to red,combines or tractors!

20. Dirtboy953B

We will proly never go back to a green combine,and we are going to start buying case tractors to replace the deere's but will still run the cat challengers,just to much trouble with the deere's we had problems with the combine that were factoy recall's and deere would not stand behind them and fix them,the case has half the grease fittings and they need grease half as much,and it only has 3 belts,it just has way,way less moving parts,I cant even count the # of belts the deere had.when we traded for the case it was 3 months after the deal was done before the case dealer even saw the deere tradin.they treaded sight unseen and never heard a gripe when they picked it up,and the dealer service is next to none