1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Farmers Almanac

Discussion in 'Weather' started by KMC, Jan 1, 2007.

1. KMC

KMC Junior Member

This is what the farmers Almanac predicts for new england weather.

December 2006
    1st-3rd. Fair for New England. Showers for Mid-Atlantic States. 4th-7th. Turning colder. 8th-11th. Big storm moves to New England. North of the storm track, heavy snow, with 6 to 12" possible. South of the storm track, heavy rains. 12th-15th. Cold, with a few showers, flurries. 16th-19th. Unsettled in New England. Showers in Mid-Atlantic States, followed by clearing. 20th-23rd. Increasing clouds. 24th-27th. Stormy, then fair and colder. 28th-31st. Fair and cold, becoming milder.
    January 2007
    1st-3rd. Fair skies prevail. Nice weather Mummers Parade in Philadelphia. 4th-7th. Some light snow, then clearing skies. Wet Mid-Atlantic. 8th-11th. Fair skies. 12th-15th. Stormy, then fair, colder weather. 16th-19th. Showers Mid-Atlantic. Light snows Northeast. 20th-23rd. Clear to partly cloudy and cold. 24th-27th. A series of storms move in from southwest, bringing snow. 28th-31st. Showery, especially Mid-Atlantic.

2. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I read this twice...no matter how many times I read it, it still doesn't say enough snow!

3. AClearerPath

AClearerPath Junior Member

You may be in Luck...

They did cancel the mummers parade today so maybe the alamac is not too accurate.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah noticed that too but theyre not predicting much snow either so maby theyre wrong about that too

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

heres the prediction for Feb. CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

February 2007
    1st-3rd. Rain moves out, then fair, cold.
    4th-7th. Fair weather holds a little longer, especially over New England. Still cold.
    8th-11th. Heavy snow spreads across region, bringing accumulations of a foot or more.
    12th-15th. Light snow, then fair skies.
    16th-19th. Fair skies.
    20th-23rd. Snow sweeps up through Mid-Atlantic northward, then fair, cold conditions.
    24th-28th. Spotty light snow could turn steadier, heavier over parts eastern New England, where significant accumulations are possible.

6. dutchman

dutchman Senior Member

I cross my fingers and where did you see this good news??

7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

8. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member