1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Farmers Almanac?????????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DESTEFANO3782, Jan 19, 2006.

1. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Its Saying Snow Is Comin For All Of Febuary Does Anybody Think Its Right On Or What? Its Been Pretty Close So Far.. Any Comments????????????
  2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I didn't read snow for all of February. Snow everyday? hahaha

BRAAAP Senior Member

Bring it on let it SNOWpayup
  4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I already went back to my summer job and have been enjoying the benefits of subcontracting w/ gaurenteed hours. IE, getting paid for nothing.
  5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

It is usually very accurate.....
  6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

hahahahahahah now thats a funny dam joke
  7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

It called all of last year from Jan-Dec, more than 90% accurate each month. I'd say thats pretty good. So far this year The only correct thing was the first week of January.:dizzy:
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

What?:confused: that stupid thing was sooooo far off the past couple of years it a joke!:dizzy: It read (or at least the one I saw) "below normal temps for Jan. and above average percipitation, which means we should have over 60"s of snow in Jan and if we have 5 so far we are lucky.
  9. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I planned my vacation last year by it- right on the money. I checked it over the summer for this year average temps, snowfall, etc. Seemed pretty close to me.

I trust it over these TV weather guys wo can;t get it right by looking out the window....
  10. JET enterprises

JET enterprises Senior Member

January 2006
    1st-3rd. Fair and cold. 4th-7th. Stormy, possible snow. 8th-11th. Fair and colder. 12th-15th. Unsettled for New England. Foggy along the coast. More clouds over the Mid-Atlantic States. 16th-19th. Fair, then turning stormy. 20th-23rd. Major storm along the Atlantic Coast. 24th-27th. Snow. 28th-31st. Fair and cold.

that seems accurate to me
  11. northwest lawn

northwest lawn Junior Member
    from toledo

i used it all last year and it was right on the money so far the same for this year
  12. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

So, maybe either some people have the Wrong almanac, or can't read the small print....:jester:
  13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Post all Feb as well..love to see it and compare actual snowfall.
  14. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

For the great lakes region

February 2006
    1st-3rd. Very unsettled most areas. 4th-7th. Fair and much colder. No problems for those traveling to Detroit’s Ford Field for Super Bowl XL. 8th-11th. Snow. 12th-15th. Fair, turning stormy and wet, changing to snow. 16th-19th. Fair and colder. 20th-23rd. Relatively pleasant. 24th-28th. Stormy, with snow.