1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Farmer's almanac winter 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Weather' started by sir spaniourd, Aug 31, 2009.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

2. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

NICE!!! I cant wait for the flakes to fly!!!

3. dbdrgr150

dbdrgr150 Member

Bitterly cold and dry for great lakes??? Not was i was hoping for.

4. jayp1268

jayp1268 Junior Member
    from NY

reports

:jester:These reports are wrong half the time. Just have to wait and see.

5. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Me Neither

Exactly, last year The almanac said below normal snowfall, The Farmers almanac said above normal, who do you believe. Now this year they both say below normal, but, one of them said it was suppose to be "hot" Sept. 1st - 3rd "1 to 2 degrees above avg" Ohm....its 4 degrees below avg here now and the rest of the week doesn't look much better. So who knows, they may be right, they could be wrong. All I got to say is I just bought a new plow so we probably will be lucky to get any snow this year.

6. jayp1268

jayp1268 Junior Member
    from NY

reports

I am going to get a job as a weather man. You can’t beat it. You only have to be right less than half the time, make good money and not be fired when you are wrong.:gunsfiring:

7. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I heard that! Or a politician, they can be wrong all of their career and still keep a job:dizzy:

I'm saving these idiot maps from Accuweather and Farmers and we'll see if they know what they're talking about.

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Looking out the window will tell you if you are getting snow or not......lol

9. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

that would be kinda intersting, come late march when we are all tired at 4am from plowing the last 2 days straight to come back and look at how wrong or right (hopefully not) they were.

10. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

The longtime periodical, published since 1818 and famous for its long-range weather predictions, is out with its annual winter forecast, which says Old Man Winter is really going to hammer folks in the Midwest and upper Great Lakes region with very cold and very snowy conditions.

-Looks for good for anyone located around the great lakes

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I too have found that method to be quite accurate. Also, I have gotten quite good at telling you how much snow we received the previous night. I can usually look out the window and be within 4 inches.

12. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Do they have a website? I like what they have to say so I am going to believe them, lol.

13. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Oh and by the way, nice quote, word for word, off of CNN.com

14. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

ya that's where i found it.

15. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

16. SnoFro

SnoFro Junior Member

I live in south eastern Michigan too. The site I use more than anyone else for snow forecasts and predictions is johndee.com. He's a meteorologist up in the U.P. and he gives daily weather updates all winter. He also puts out a winter outlook for the season in October sometime. He's not right all the time but he's better than the local forecasters.
    I'm waiting to see what he has to say about the upcoming winter before I get my shorts all up in a bundle!!

17. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  18. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Do you think they could move that blizzard back to january? That works better for me!

19. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

Bring on the snow!!!!

20. FISHER2000

FISHER2000 Junior Member

We need a blizzard like 93