1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

farmers' almanac 2010-2011

Discussion in 'Weather' started by vortec5.7, Sep 12, 2010.

1. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

i didnt see any farmers almanac posts for this year yet, if it is already posted sorry for the over post but here it is

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Aaaaaa, sweet. I was going to buy the magazine just for the winter prediction. Thanks for saving me a few bucks.
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

x2....:laughing: I hope everyone gets snow from he11 this yearpayup
  4. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Hope they are correct. I would love to see a good old Minnesota winter with lots of snow. Took a new job with a city and I am itching to get out in the new macks and see how well they work in snow.
  5. vortec5.7

vortec5.7 Member

no problem guys im itching to get out and had a slow sunday so i figured id look it up and share it
  6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

How accurate has the almanac been thru the years?
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

looks about the same as what every forcaster is saying.
    I hope so anyway
  8. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Its scary how accurate they have been since I've been plowing. :alien:
  9. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

they were dead nuts on here last year.
    NWS was saying average winter or light, farmer's almanac said big heavy winter.

Was 6th snowiest winter EVER in Longmont.

FA wins that round.
  10. TheBossMan2000

TheBossMan2000 Junior Member

Heck yeah thats what i like to see!! Michigan here!
  11. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:redbounceWhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i'm so dam excited!:redbounce:redbounce:redbounce
  12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I had read at one time, somewhere in the 80% range.

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Look for the wooley worms crawling around in your area. They will tell you what the winter will be like. If they are black or dark brown like they are here it will be a good winter for SNOW biz. Darker they are, the better. Also divide them into 3 segments, front, middle, rear, equals early, middle, late winter. Dead on here last year as they are about 95% of time in last 20 years. Weathermen haven't a clue.
  14. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

im with you on this one i cant wait, snow dance!:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc
  15. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I am looking forward to another winter but I also know there will be alot of stress to go along with a very snowy year.That part I wish I could skip.
  16. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

anyone have any guesses on the first plowable snow in Iowa or when the cold is going to hit?
  17. C&C Services

C&C Services Member

Does anyone know ohio 2010 - 2011 winter predictions
  18. FinerCuts

FinerCuts Member
    from Iowa

Where are you located? Last year was a great year for us. That first snow we got was kinda crazy! We got 15" here in Des Moines. My guess is going to be late november. Pry will be mowing the day before it snows on some of my accounts!
  19. habart30

habart30 Member

according to Farmers Almanac, November 1st-3rd will be the first snow in the Great Lakes region throughout Michigan. Bring it!!!!!!!!!
  20. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I hope so last year western Michigan got to have all the fun first.:redbounce