1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Farm Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dirt digger, Nov 14, 2005.

1. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

just going through some pictures on the computer and figured I would post one. This is my buddies 2001 F-150. He owns a John Deere 4700 that he plows with locally, but is thinking about adding a 7.5' Snowway or Meyer.

10.jpg

2. dirt digger

heres a few more...left to right 1996 F-150 XLT, 2001 F-150 XLT, 2002 F-150 Lariat, 2005 F-150 XLT with the 5.4L

4.jpg

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

That's a lot of F150's!!! Add them up and you got a nice F600.

4. dirt digger

they get the job done. Every single one of them is put on hay hauling duty in the summer months. They are all 4x4 and 8' bed with the exception of the 1996, its a short bed. They look pretty cool with 45 hay bales in the bed.

5. dirt digger

come on now...330 views..atleast one of you has to have some old beater of a farm truck that you're proud to post pictures of

6. payton

payton Senior Member

weve got a few old farm beater trucks but no pics.
    the flash might make em fall apart.

1 1972 f100 str8 6. was a 3 on the tree but swapped over to a 4 on the floor.

1 1968 international 9 spd spliter. for a total of 18 gears 16 foot box on the back.

and then theres the fully loaded cushman. 3 cyl. cab heat air. 2 wheel drive..

7. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

oh yeah i got a good one. It sat on a farm in a field for quite a while, but i got it for free, so how could i say no. The sad part was it was a 74 F250 Highboy with the snowfighter package. Only had 50,xxx miles and was used all its life to plow for the Battlecreek airport. I rebuilt the front end and fix the saggin of the body but it was rotting out fast so i got rid of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now i have an 85 F150 that i picked up cheap because the 4x4 didn't work. Fixed a gear in the t-case and everything works great.
    Thats when i first got it.
    [​IMG]

and now [​IMG]

This pic makes it look better than it really does...There is dents everywhere from off roading it hard. I jsut added 4.10 gears and lockers. I have Bucket seats inside now. I have changed a ton of stuff on it. I can't wait to stick my Mile Marker Hydro 10.5k winch on it

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  8. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

and the tractor that i wish was mine [​IMG]

9. dirt digger

thats a nice New Holland...its not one of those reversable tractors is it..where the loader is on the rear of the tractor?

10. Nate

Nate Junior Member
    from sw Ohio

my farm truck

definately not an old beater, But heres my farm truck. I take good care of it but hasn't ever been waxed and will go a month or so without a wash.:eek: :eek:

But it sure is a good truck that pulls it weight plus a little:nod: :nod:

IMG_3321.JPG

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i know ive seen that first f150 around but not those others. im peicing faces with trucks

12. Nate

Nate Junior Member
    from sw Ohio

got to post an equipment picture too

IMG_3533.JPG

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  13. dirt digger

thats some nice lookin equipment...afraid we don't have anything that big. We got a 4020, 4700, and a whole mess of farmalls...they're old..but they sure are workhorses. We have a 2-row picker on a farmall Super M...that thing is scary to get on..lol...no escape route.

14. Nate

Nate Junior Member
    from sw Ohio

Hey dirt digger, My dad and I own some Antique tractors too we have several F12's and 14's along with a couple cases and Mcormick's they all run well But some need new paint. we have some older 4 wheel drive tractors: A case 1200 traction King, and a 4300 International(Not a 4100) along with a couple of foriegn Deutz 4 wheel articulating tractors Yah "we farm with only John Deere, But collecting them is too expensive.":rolleyes:

15. dirt digger

you got that right its expensive...the john deeres handle the grunt of the work, but we use the farmalls just to keep them running. every spring we have to clean all the carbs (theres 10 total farmalls all letter series except for a 100 and 140), change all the oils, and fix the brakes. they don't get run nearly enough but my buddies uncle (the collector) can't part with them...in fact he keeps buying more...wish he would trade them all in and buy a new 6000 series Deere.

16. dirt digger

heres the main red work horse...an Farmall Super M-TA

17. dirt digger

oops...here it is

3.jpg

18. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

nah theres no loader on. It is reversable drive though, i don't think it everd dirve fwd with the nose.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is the counties toy, but since my dad is a mechanic there for 10yrs the yard usually fills up with their equip when it is out working in the area

19. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

I'll have to get a pic when i go home but our main wk horse is a Massey Feruson TO-35. Damn good truck. As long as i can remember we haev never had to replace anything besides a rotten out rim. My dad rebuilt the motor when he worked for a tractor repair place in the early 80's and since the 90's it has led an easy life at our house instead of a grape farm. It loves to work though once it gets goin.

Edit: heres another farm truck for most people... [​IMG]

MY dads new toy. It is a 55 IHC R-110, its cab and part of the box will be goin onto this monster [​IMG]

That is a 5 IHC s-100 if ya couldn't tell. The crazy neighbors cut the top and then jsut left it sit out like that. My dad was interested at first but then when he found out what truck it was we had to get it up to the garage right away. He had an R series when he got out of HS, so now he is in heaven with another.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  20. dirt digger

heres my own personal truck..unfortunately it doesn't have a plow on it. But thats what work is for right?...since the picture was taken I've added a diamond plate tool box and a CB antenna to that...and a lot more mud LOL...its a real tough truck, just a little under powered.

3.jpg