1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fargo trucks

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by fargotruckman, Feb 3, 2011.

1. fargotruckman

fargotruckman Member

has any one here seen a fargo truck which was like gmc to chevy being the same this was dodge and fargo but they looked the same i use to have a fargo pickup with plow
    and also a ploymoth full size van
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I believe you are asking if anyone has seen a truck in Fargo that looks like a Dodge but isn't. Similar to GMC's looking like a Chev...

If that is what you are asking, is it a Sterling? It would be a 4500 or 5500 chassis. Not sure what the Plymouth van would be. I am sure it was some type of dealer conversion. Ford did that for a couple years around here. Cant remember the conversion company though. It was all done by the dealer, Tousley Ford.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

When you're saying "Fargo" do you really mean "Cargo"? I can't follow your question :confused:
  4. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

Okay, so i spent 2 minutes with Google Search and here is what i came up with.

Fargo was sold by Canadian Chrysler-Plymouth dealerships. i have no idea what era our contestants truck was from, but here is the coolest/toughest looking one i found. it would look awesome with a plow.

Dodge Fargo.jpg
  5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

and these...........

2B Fargo.jpg

61 fargo with plow.jpg
  6. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I haven't seen one with a plow, but a prospector from Canada comes down every summer to pan for gold and he has one. Neat rig!
  7. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Ahh, I see. I was not aware there was ever a truck called a Fargo. I thought the OP was from Fargo ND and saw a truck :rolleyes:
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Fargo was available in the US for a short while- just a badge engineered Dodge truck for the Canadian market, same as Chevy and GMC are badge engineered sisters. However, Fargo actually predates Dodge as a Chrysler product- Walter Chrysler created brands for markets- Chrysler at mid level, Plymouth as base, DeSoto as upper base, and Imperial as top luxury. Fargo was created for the commercial buyer...
    http://www.allpar.com/old/fargo.html is decent but not 100% accurate. Chrycler bought the Dodge bros truck line and the Graham bros truck line. By the Depression both had been shelved, but Fargo was brought back in the 1930s, and like Desoto trucks was a Badge engineered Dodge.
  9. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Fargo also made the old 50's military/civilian style Power Wagons for overseas in some other countries for wars..

Fargo Power Wagon.jpg
  10. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

True but still badge engineering- the WM300 power wagon (military version) was produced from the war until the late 1970's, it was only produced for export starting in 1969 but was simply badged with Dodge or Fargo depending on the destination.
  11. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Correct.. same truck, different name..
  12. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Wow, how did I not ever hear about Fargo? Learn something new on here everyday!