1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fan switch????(over-heating...)

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by gotsnow?, Dec 24, 2008.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

It's happened twice now.... My '00 F-250 7.3L's engine temp. guage has gone from normal to in the red w/ the "oil temp" light coming on for an unknown reason. Both times this has happened has been while out and about plowing but not actually plowing (ie traveling to the next customer). At first I thought maybe I needed to adjust where my blade was, you know angle it the other way or something, but that doesn't seem to help. Both times I got out and checked my coolant level and opened the air box to make sure the filter wasn;t caked in snow or just wet from getting snow blown up into it. Neither have been the issue. However, both times after shutting my truck down (to let the motor cool off) and turning it back on the problem is solved and the engine temp returns to normal and stays at it's normal setting.
    Could this be my fan switch going bad?? That's all I can think of. Has anyone else experienced this problem? What's the remedy?

Thanks, David - got snow?