1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fan motor

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

The fan in my truck works on low, med, and high. when I put the switch in the off position, it seems that the fan stays on but no air blows out. Is this normal?

It's a 79 chevy k10.

2. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

I've had several of these, down to two running now, and they are all the same. If you know how to get a little more speed out of them when on high let me know?
  3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

the fan will run when the key is on this has been in my 73 77 78 85 94other 85. i guess thats just the way it is.
  4. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

The fan always runs on these trucks, since there is no off position on the climate control (just low). However, there are usually so many leaks in the junctions for the ducts under the dash that you probably don't feel anything at the vents when its on low speed.