1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fan Blades

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JeepPlow18, Jan 31, 2008.

1. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I was talking to a guy and he threw out the fact that there is a heavy duty fan blade that can be put into my truck. I have a 95' Chevy Silverado k2500. He said your truck probably over heats and I said yea about three quarters of the way on the guage. This is only for a few minutes and then it levels out. The fan blade that he was talking about had an extra blade then the stock one and piched blades to catch the wind better he said that they really work but could not remember where you could get one. This really works great he said, so I was wondering what have you guys heard about them and where can I order one? Thanks Mike
  2. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

bump to the top...
  3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Go check around the other Chevy trucks at the junkyard, and see what you find. Especially one-tons, cube vans, etc. Whatever you'd expect to have HD cooling parts on it. Big blocks and diesels, too. I just put a BB fan on my stroker SB. Much larger blades on it, bigger clutch, etc.

Just make sure its from another serpentine-belted truck, they use a reverse rotation water pump and the fan has to match or it will blow instead of suck.... and that would suck. :D
  4. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Ok thanks ill check that out. Is there a specific brand that I should be looking for? Was looking to buy new off the internet. Thanks Mike