1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Family Dollar stores

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Anyone get any contracts yet this year? You all think walmart and manards are a joke at least they have a lot worth plowing.

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

No, been contacted be most every one else,

Who contacted you about family Dollar?

3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Last year I was contacted by Dream Lawn. They tried to changed the contract in the middle of the year.

4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Really, thats nice

Do FD work with a mangement compny or how do they do it?

5. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I heard Family Dollar is being managed by east coast Pawtucket Rhode Island, maybe that has all changed. Such BS...let the locals handle it..

6. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

The last I heard they still have it. Last year I had a heck of a time with the managers, $9.00 an hr and they thought they where god . They called and complained everytime I salted because 1 mang said thats there bonus money Im throwing on the ground and then 3 days later a worker slips and falls guess what now they want to turn it in to my ins. I will not plow them ever again way to much BS .

7. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Well..sorry to hear theyre still around Scott's, Its all about the buck!
    Glad you made the decision to move onto others, give it a couple years;everything changes.

8. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I know the ones here were with Genesis last year.

9. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

Family Dollar still owes us from last season. We are sueing them next week to get our money !!!

10. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

You might get a Dollar of a Deal, lol :D

11. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Who was you contracted with?

12. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I just got contacted by a company called SMS Assist snow & ice management out of Chicago to plow the one here... They gave me a price they would pay which at least for rates here the money is good.

I am debated since it's with a management company who claims they track snow falls etc... so they know how much it snows. The account has a 2" trigger, I could just see them telling me it wasn't 2" according to there system so they aren't going to pay...

Has anyone heard of this company in regards to payments etc...?

13. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Their website seems more geared for cleaning services. Even where they show and list exterior services, snow is last on the list, which is ironic for a company headqurtered in Chicago.

14. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Just talked to East Coast and they did loose the contract with Family Dollar, who has them now?

15. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

i live in chicago and i never herd of them good luck payup

16. B.Bells

B.Bells Senior Member

lets say you do go with it. just use local reports and send with invoice. I started doing this and have had great success in payment. Hard to argue when its black and white. :nod:

17. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I read the contract and it is WAY to much like a US Maintainance contract... basically agreeing to let them screw you out of money! I kindly said NO and walked awayprsport

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I am trying to decide if I like property management companies, or not. I think there are some good ones, and then there are some bad ones.

19. ROBO3D

ROBO3D Junior Member
    from indiana

I'm in indiana and have plowed area family dollar stores for the managers until last year when sms took over and contracted through east coast. It was tough at first but after we figured each other out it was not to bad. Now they tell me they will not be handling their family dollar has anyone else been contacted from sms? Or did you have to contact them?

20. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

hi guys i have plowed FD since it has opened in my town about 5 yrs now same thing with me started with east coast last yr middle of yr it canged to SMS now no one knows whats going on store manager talk to district manager they tried to call SMS and # was disconected go figure I called FD main office and the lady said they dont go over the snowplowing contract till Feb. I told her we are in northern Michigan and we get snow in Nov. she did not know what to say to that to make a long stoty short district manager told store manager to hire me again for the yr so we will see if SMS will get ahold of me. If anyone hears anything please let me know thanks