1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

famers forcast for the northeast

Discussion in 'Weather' started by PLOWMAN45, Aug 27, 2007.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

there was snippet in my newspaper saying its gonna rough snowy cold winter payup payup payup payup
  2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

one can only hope * fingers crossed* we need it :nod:
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

here is what farmers says 07-08

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I better raise my prices!:D
  5. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Plowman45, that image just put a smile on my face. Let's hope it's right!
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

what witht this moderate to mild bullshat!!! I want snow snow snow snow snow snow snow!
  7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You should move to the North East payup payup
    I heard the same thing in the paper. I hope it is true. Last year they were almost on the money, except the big snow storm that we were suppose to get. :nono:
  8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

money money money! sorry i just got to thinkingpayup
  9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My part of Ohio, only cold..........bull shat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We get the same lake effect as Michigan and Pa. I plowed 32 times this past winter, where as alot of people plowed once or so. SO Im pretty sure It will be snowy here too
  10. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

You believe we will actually use our plows this year!
  11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I sure hope it's right.....i'm actually heading outside right now to start doing a plow makeover!! lol, it better be worth it!
  12. New Heights

New Heights Senior Member

Plow Makeover? sounds like a reality show we could put on Plow Site!
  13. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Has it ever been right?... I mean there's a 50/50 chance we'll get a lot of snow because it will either snow or not snow.....
  14. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

It said the same thing for the northeast last year... but i can be optomistic.;)

15. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

hit or miss. in upper IL we had several pushes, small to medium. However, there were two pushes which were very heavy and wet. The snow also stuck around longer in between systems compared with the last several years.

I'm thinking with the the ground saturation this late in the summer if we do get systems revving up it should have plenty to pull from. I'm throwing out ...... a winter like either 86/87 or 78/79. :drinkup:
  16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I hope that map is partly wrong. I hope northern illinois gets it good this year. I dont even want a ton of snow, just 3-5 events each month. Enought to keep a nice steady roll of cash coming in.
  17. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

wow it feels good to be in the company of people who love the white stuff as much as i do

the guys i work with think i,m a little " off the bubble" LOL

LET IT SNOW !!!!!!xysport
  18. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Tell the tree huggers if it was not for winter bugs would grow out of control, they would not have 'fresh' artesian bottled water and their spring daf-a-dills would not blume :jester:
  19. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I really hope that map is true, northern New Jersey only got 21.5 inches this past year. That was only HALF of a regular year:angry:
  20. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

You had it better then me, we only got i think 15-18". Hopefully this year will pay off.