1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fall cleanup woes!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bastalker, Feb 27, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker Junior Member
    from Ct.

I had bout 35 leave removal accounts(bout $5500.00 worth of work)there has been snow covering them since November.:( Strange year up here in the Northeast. Leaves decided they wanted to hang around till it snowed...The snow actually knocked em off..So I bought a second truck, put a plow on it, and away I went. No snow in the near future, an I am bout ready to take the hair dryer to these accounts...Beans an toast is gettin old! Need another storm, or a thaw!! Wait am I in the right forum??;) :drinkup:

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Lawnsite.com

3. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I'm in the same situation. Not sure if I should be wishing for snow or warm weather at this point. But at least I have some work lined up for the spring already....

4. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

Bring on Spring

We have obviously done more plowing this year than last and we ran one less truck. Spring warm up would be very welcomed here!!!!! This time of year is nice to review the numbers, adjust where needed, clean and organize shop, trailer, etc. Nothing beats working nice spring days 6-7 days a week. About the same money as one storm but at least you KNOW that next week is coming and you have another full week of pay. The only thing I dislike about spring is April 15th!!!!!!!! Ryan

5. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I actually got to dig ditches the last three days in a row! Before that I don't think I'd actually put two days of dirt work back to back in the last six weeks... (Well, Wednesday I was actually re-digging the ditch I dug a week ago which filled up with mud and water because of all the snow, but that's ok too. ) :)

6. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

It's still winter, and I'm hoping we have a snowy March:D

7. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

bring on the snow.i make more money in snow plowing than i do in landscape work.its going to snow till april

8. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

Just plow the lawn. The leaves will stick to the snow and end up in a pile. When the snow melts in the spring, just pick up the pile.

9. bastalker

bastalker Junior Member
    from Ct.

:nod: Awsome idea!!!:drinkup:

10. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

Actually there's on commercial account we plow that seems like they never bother to have thier leaves cleaned up at all. Every year on my first visit, whether it's to plow or just salt, I drop the blade and make a pass along the curb at the back of the lot. There's always about half a pickup load of soggy leaves that I just push off into the weeds. I stack snow in that corner so they'd end up there after a plow or two anyway.